OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU wagon rear door stay (for the small door)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just came across this thread thanks to Google. Thanks, it's a great idea.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can be had on Ebay now for $50. I ask the seller if it comes with the dimensions for the drilling but they never bothered to respond.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a cheaper Note, I just took out the old bracket and using pliers to push in the tabs that will tighten the plastic rod, so it should be like new again , eg it holds door open regards Alex
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bracket for door to open wider: A stainless steel bracket can be had from ebay (US seller, so allow some delivery time) for less than $20.

Gas strut kit: Got mine from the ebay seller. Comes with 6 or so black & white pages of pictures. They aren't explicit enough to be of much use, unless you have seen the mod before. Once you have installed one, it would easy measure and buy more. I've only got one patrol... and it's his (the ebay sellers) turf. The actual door opens with a bit of force as the children -with heads about the height of the bottom of the door- can attest. I'm banking on the gas strut getting weaker over time, and it should still work. The kids of course should only take a few more 'near misses' to work around it.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sooooo can you provide us with the sellers info?
    I know the mod won't be hard, I wanted to buy one off the guy I found but he/ she didn't respond so I guess they don't want my business. I just wanted to know if the measurements came with the strut or was I going to have to guess? I don't really want to be drilling more holes than i need too...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to do something about mine on my '98 GU, thing is annoying my wife which is in turn annoying me, not only because she is complaining at me about it, but its giving me the shites too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by altech View Post
    On a cheaper Note, I just took out the old bracket and using pliers to push in the tabs that will tighten the plastic rod, so it should be like new again , eg it holds door open regards Alex
    Are you talking about some bracket that is inside the door? Mine looks to be missing some sort of piece around the actual rod that goes inside the door, I have some struts here maybe I should just buy a couple of brackets to use one and keep the sucker open!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get the kit from here. But like i said, they didn't answer to my question so they won't get my business.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Barn-door...item2a29118ace

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, mudski, that's the ebay seller. How long did you wait?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Pa...item35c3fdea13 is the link for the stainless steel bracket. The seller is crhmachining (for when this link no longer works).

I'll take some pics.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    Are you talking about some bracket that is inside the door? Mine looks to be missing some sort of piece around the actual rod that goes inside the door, I have some struts here maybe I should just buy a couple of brackets to use one and keep the sucker open!
    Yes the metal bracket that slides the rod goes in & out , I just pull or pushed the metal into the rod, so it made the rod tight and doen'r matter if it's too tight as doors weight will work with you regards Alex
    Last edited by altech; 13th February 2013 at 05:58 PM.
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU wagon rear door stay (for the small door)

Any chance of a pic? I'm totally lost now and I've reread what you said a couple of times. Cheers.
    1998 GU RD28T: RIP
    1996 GQ RD28T: RIP 11 days later
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Nissan winchbar + Warn, Dual Battery/Redarc, UHF and Titan rear drawers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast