Thread: 92 GQ ute

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 GQ ute

Hey people I have an old thread (have had car for 3.5 years now) but thought I'd make a new one just to keep short simple, basically I own a 92 GQ Coily ute painted in hothouse green, has 2 inch dobinson lift 285 75 16 inch srl grabbers on dynamic steelies, 135l fuel tank hid spotties UHF etc, have put a safari tuff clutch in, have done usual stuff replace all brakes swivel hubs wheel bearings bushes etc etc, has exhaust/extractors although turbo conversion is next, history of car is bit of an unknown it has 620 odd on clock now think I brought it with 540 most of my ks have been country though as I live in south west corner of wa.The car runs like a dream I regularly service it and have to do long trips in it so I need reliablity and somewhat comfort and it provides both. I am about to get a new canopy put on with a whole new frame as old one is poorly designed and recently turned into nothing more than a rag (severe holes) so new one gets put on in few days then it's going in to get all the rust cut out next week. Car is mainly a fishing camping/long trip highway car it's quite basic but suits my needs well, future plans are to turbo it put an arb bar and winch on probably put a 4 inch lift under and possible respray as clear coat is starting to peel but it gets used as a fourby so paint work really doesn't bother me. Pictures tell a thousand words so feedback would be nice, will put some more up next week with new canopy etc also have some nice new slimline number plates that make it look a bit neater, thanks for reading.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mark89 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (4th October 2016), Corsta0211 (3rd October 2016), gubigfish (14th September 2016), Sherro (14th September 2016), Touses (14th September 2016)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mark89 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (4th October 2016), Corsta0211 (3rd October 2016), gubigfish (14th September 2016), Sherro (14th September 2016), Touses (14th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 644 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ute Mark. Currently finishing (will it ever end) my own. Hope to get as much fun from it as you do from yours!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark
    Nice rig u have there and it's nice to see the countryside with it too!!!
    They're a fair way from your corner of WA, but Festiva Canvas do a pretty good canopy - I've got one of theirs.
    Not sure who they get to do their frames but it's all out of CHS (pipe) rather than RHS/SHS so that the canvas doesn't wear as quickly on sharp corners/edges.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate it's all booked in and paid for, frame is metal but arched in middle so water can run off and canvas is a different colour, it's costing me a fair bit but you pay for quality I guess will get some updated pics in a week once it's on

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMG_20160914_083108_1473813630967.jpg
    Here's the frame. Nothing too complex, but it works.
    Majority of frame is 25NB(33.7mmOD) pipe, except for the short "posts" inside rear corners of tray which are 32NB(42.4mmOD). The long top corner "rails" are pressed sheet (approx 1.5-2mm thick).
    It's matched to shape of headboard of tray, so you'll probably have different angles.
    P.S. I was too slow! Notice you've already replied while previewing my post, but as it's taken me ages to work out how to attach photos from my phone, I'll post it anyway!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RossKal View Post
    Hi Mark
    Nice rig u have there and it's nice to see the countryside with it too!!!
    They're a fair way from your corner of WA, but Festiva Canvas do a pretty good canopy - I've got one of theirs.
    Not sure who they get to do their frames but it's all out of CHS (pipe) rather than RHS/SHS so that the canvas doesn't wear as quickly on sharp corners/edges.
    Hi Ross,

Do you have their contact details, I'm looking at getting a canopy for my ute might be worth talking to them.

Cheers
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nice truck there Mark
    98 GU ST wagon 6.5TD chev 5 speed manual dual batteries storage drawers big red air compressor 9L tank millweld front and rear bars millweld 4" snorkel 4" air box 3" tough dog suspension lift drop box and hybrid radius arms 12000Lb winch ARB front air locker Alpine MP3 player amp and a good set of speakers GME 2 way The list goes on

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gotta love a full size ute for touring duties
    Very nice lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast