User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its official ! Landcruiser Park reopening

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good news. I can't wait to get there!
    1989 GQ TD42 N/A.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spent 3 days at Landcruiser Mountain Park - first time there.
    It's bloody big! Needed 3 days there to see most of it, but definitely not all of it.
    I think some of the track ratings are a little off as we made a few red tracks and had some problems with a couple of orange ones (standard GU Patrol with no mods except a winch and the usual 'get-me-out-of-trouble' gear, none of which was needed).
    We shared the park on Monday night with one other camper, but for the next two days we had the entire park to ourselves, with several new arrivals on Thursday as we left.
    It is very dry at the moment but I wouldn't suggest tackling it in wet weather, unless you are very adventurous.
    And a bit disappointing to see so much rubbish discarded around the place. Why do people do this?
    But well worth a visitor two.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

Cradoka (30th November 2018), GQtdauto (28th September 2018), swathe (2nd October 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to many farcebook accounts, Landcruiser Mountain Park is once again closed. Claims are that it has changed hands and the new owners have permanently closed all 4WD tracks and are going to re-open on 1 April as a camping area only.
    The Landcruiser Mountain Park website says that tracks are closed due to recent weather damage, but no mention of anything beyond that.
    The farcebook message supposedly from the owners is signed off as the 'Mountain Park Team" but there does not seem to be much other information.
    Some have suggested that might be an April Fools joke aimed at attracting attention.
    I guess it remains to be seen, but it was definitely one of the best 4WD parks in SE Qld and a shame if it really has closed.
    I can't see too much business going their way for just camping as there are too many alternative places both better and less travelling distance from major populated areas.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (27th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brissieboy View Post
    According to many farcebook accounts, Landcruiser Mountain Park is once again closed. Claims are that it has changed hands and the new owners have permanently closed all 4WD tracks and are going to re-open on 1 April as a camping area only.
    The Landcruiser Mountain Park website says that tracks are closed due to recent weather damage, but no mention of anything beyond that.
    The farcebook message supposedly from the owners is signed off as the 'Mountain Park Team" but there does not seem to be much other information.
    Some have suggested that might be an April Fools joke aimed at attracting attention.
    I guess it remains to be seen, but it was definitely one of the best 4WD parks in SE Qld and a shame if it really has closed.
    I can't see too much business going their way for just camping as there are too many alternative places both better and less travelling distance from major populated areas.
    I saw that too so will be interesting to see if they close the tracks as I’m not sure what else would entice people to stay there though?

Wait and see I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere the other day that it was open again BUT only to caravans No 4wding, can’t recall where I saw it but I think it was a press release from the owners?
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some info on their facebook page. Looks like the change of ownership is true, but the track closure could still be a gimmick. Scheduled to re-open (in whatever form) on 1 April.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it copped a bit of damage in the last rain event. But will have to wait and see what eventuates.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it has been confirmed by the new owners on their facebook page here. It is definitely closed as a 4WD park!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (28th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not real happy with that. But what do we do? We will just have to find other haunts near Brisbane with the same quality of camping/4wding. I know they are out there and have been to them. But not the same as Cruiser park.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

MB (28th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would ASS-U-ME too that Insurance had a huge role in it for any previous/new buyers 🥲
    At a best guess X 100,000,000km2 greater area and our FREE Mexicano VHC camping is slowly locking up too, much like NSW Bluey Cockroach Beaut Tracks Be Gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast