Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    @Hodge or any others - can you recommend any good sight seeing or general family orientated tracks around running creek ?

If anyone is in the area feel free to stop by and say hello
    The only one I really know of mate is the slate mine. Nothing to see there but slate and shail. But awesome car photo/scenic spot if you can get the the "top" of the slate mine. Last time we were there it was very treacherous and dug up so called it safe and stayed at the road level of the mine.

It's 20-30 minutes from running creek. Take Symes-Mitchells track if you want a more "interesting" trip there especially when wet.

You will love that camping ground. It's definitely my fave. Lost count how many times I've been there.
    Just be mindful the mansfield cops and fisheries traverse through there at least once a day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (7th September 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    @Hodge or any others - can you recommend any good sight seeing or general family orientated tracks around running creek ?

If anyone is in the area feel free to stop by and say hello

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have the Slate mine close by just up Steiners rd, also Frys hut down the Howqua Hills tk. If its raining it will be intrresting donw the first part off Steiners rd. Past Frys is Sheepyards and further along, in tunnel bend, tunnel that goes under the road on a corner section of the Howqua river. Further along, bit further, is Bluff hut and Bindaree falls. It would be a good day drive to see al that.
    Even from Bindaree you could keep going around, anti clockwise and loop around Buller and head to King river hut.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Just realised the track down to Frys will be closed, so will the track past the slate mine down to Mitchels.
    Last edited by mudski; 7th September 2016 at 08:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (7th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand final long weekend trip EOI

Thanks Eric - we'll be on our best behaviour!.

Mark, I'll make sure that I check all the track closures in the area before planning anything. Cheers

2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also I've posted this picture here before some where. If you want the best spot at Running creek. "The fallen log spot". Enormous log was turned into the river bank and then filled up and flattened to make great camp and fishing spot!! Spot big enough for 4-5 cars easy...

I've circled it in red.
    You will notice everyone who arrives there, goes for that spot first, and if it's taken, they drive past or turn around and look elsewhere with sour faces. lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (7th September 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry one more post from me. Last time I was there 3 weeks ago, the river was pretty gnarly and nobody dared cross it the current would hahve eaten the patrol for brekky. So don't know what it's like now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Sorry one more post from me. Last time I was there 3 weeks ago, the river was pretty gnarly and nobody dared cross it the current would hahve eaten the patrol for brekky. So don't know what it's like now.
    Thanks mate, appreciate all the info!!

We'll properly only get there around lunch time id guess, so chances are the spot will be taken but well have a look regardless!

Hopefully by next month the rivers will have calmed down enough to cross

2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Bacho86

Hey buddy. Though I'd let you know, my workmate just returned from that area from over the weekend. As of last Friday/Saturday, running creek was supposedly shut, due to flood / river too high and/or fallen trees.
    Since you're going this weekend it may pay to check with the authorities before you head there ...

Edit: Forgot to mention Howqua is super high in that region. So I don't know how you will get to spots I recommended. Providing the place is open. Good luck.
    Last edited by Hodge; 26th September 2016 at 02:05 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (26th September 2016), mudski (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    @Bacho86

Hey buddy. Though I'd let you know, my workmate just returned from that area from over the weekend. As of last Friday/Saturday, running creek was supposedly shut, due to flood / river too high and/or fallen trees.
    Since you're going this weekend it may pay to check with the authorities before you head there ...

Edit: Forgot to mention Howqua is super high in that region. So I don't know how you will get to spots I recommended. Providing the place is open. Good luck.
    Thanks for the heads up mate!!

My long weekend plans got changed last week - wife is flying to Canada on Thursday morning for 10 days for a family matter, so I'll be playing daddy day care at home for a while with the 2 kids.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (26th September 2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12