Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3" taipan exhaust

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey TT I have had several mind changes as to what I am going to do I was considering a DP chip and taipan exhaust, I am going the right arse route now and getting a DEA 3" fitted on Friday for $800 which I think is a bargain, and found a place in Melbourne called horsepower factory that will tune my ECU for $1200 bucks but I will get that done after Christmas when I get more $$

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

I don't currently use the truck all that much so have just filled up again and can report that a tank full of stop start traffic motoring including short running to the shops and back plus a ridiculous amount of stationary warm up idling yielded just under 11L/100km.

I'm not unhappy for a moment and am confident I'll recoup the upgrade cost within the first year of touring with the van in tow.

Cheers
    John

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the contrary, my ECU remap and 3" exhaust has managed to do sfa with regards to fuel economy, I am a bit pissed as I expected something not nothing and currently at a loss.
    I was getting 500Km out of 80L (16L/100km) before the remap and exhaust, and still getting the same 500km out of 80L after 2 fillups. The performance is definitely there and I'm very happy with that, but seriously don't know what is going on with fuel economy.
    Was thinking to take it elsewhere, but the thought of spending more money on top of $2.5k doesn't gel well.
    2012 CRD 30TD Auto Wagon, 15L/100km | 2" KYB Lift | 3" Exhaust | ECU Remap | HPD boost control | Provent Catch Can | EGR Block | Bullet Snorkel | Dual Battery | Redarc SBI12 | Projecta batt Monitor | Auto Headlights | iDrive Throttle Control | NU3001 7" Android Stereo | Sound Deadening| Reverse Camera | Dashcam | Amp, 12" Sub | 300W Inverter | USB Chargers | Barn Door Gas Strut | Awning | Mods list shrinking

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    foggs, was your vehicle run on a dyno and do you have a print out of the results showing afr before and after?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dyno tune was done, I posted a pic of it on page 2 post 16. Doesn't show the afr from what I can see. What is AFR btw?
    2012 CRD 30TD Auto Wagon, 15L/100km | 2" KYB Lift | 3" Exhaust | ECU Remap | HPD boost control | Provent Catch Can | EGR Block | Bullet Snorkel | Dual Battery | Redarc SBI12 | Projecta batt Monitor | Auto Headlights | iDrive Throttle Control | NU3001 7" Android Stereo | Sound Deadening| Reverse Camera | Dashcam | Amp, 12" Sub | 300W Inverter | USB Chargers | Barn Door Gas Strut | Awning | Mods list shrinking

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just compared the dyno print outs and about the only reliable comparison is air density, mine was done in fourth gear @ 31kph under full load and yours was done in third gear @ 53kph much higher in the rev range and out of the power band also your power is shown in KW and mine in HP but yours converts to ~129HP which is about where mine started.

AFR is air flow ratio which is a measure of the amount of fuel in the intake air and as you can see on my print out it has been leaned out considerably which has resulted in the improved economy.

All the research I did before having the remap done quoted improved economy as well as improved power, why not go back to the people who did yours and ask why your economy has not improved and see what they say, show them my print out if you like it's in the public domain for all to see.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks TT. I was going to give them a call and discuss, just wanted to see and make sure over a few fills that it was still the case.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

Damn, I've used the truck so much a tank only lasted three weeks being away for a week probably helped anyway 680ks on 75L which is a touch over 11L/100Km, I'm impressed because over 100ks of that was with a loaded car trailer attached.

While I was away I was told about a device called ScanGuage 2 that can read and reset computer codes so if for any reason the truck goes into limp home mode it can be easily reset, considering that our intention is to get well away from civilization I decided to buy one.

I bought it for the code reset capability but it does way more than that, it has a digital readout that monitors everything controlled by the ecu and then calculates it and gives a readout of lots of stuff I had no idea I needed and in reality probably don't but I'm sure 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' will be delighted to see and pay particular attention to the distance to empty.

There is discussion about it elsewhere on the forum but here's a link to what I've bought anyway, if you scroll down it shows all the things it can do, I'll let you know what I think of it once it arrives and I fit it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251627828771

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Aero View Post
    Hi All

Had the ECU remapped today, the truck was run on the dyno to get a base reading then the ECU removed and remapped with a performance/economy tune then run on the dyno again before a road test.

The readout from the dyno is pretty impressive with torque up 47%, power up 30% and afr improved 47% and as you would expect from the dyno results the truck is a completely different beast to drive.

The roads were wet when I left the dyno centre so I immediately had to disengage the traction control then go easy with the accelerator to avoid breaking traction, the performance improvement is well beyond my expectation and has completely transformed the truck with usable power in all gears even from low revs, the truck has gone from a plodder where over taking was a task best left to others to quite a spirited performer with plenty of overtaking power on tap at highway speeds, I haven't done any towing yet so can't comment on that, I'll report fuel consumption figures after I do another trip.

It cost $1,000 which I thought was good value.

Here's a copy of the dyno results don't forget the truck has 3" exhaust.

Cheers
    John

Where did you get your remap done mate i would like to get mine done at the same place?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump for @RTF as the post went into moderation

@TT Aero
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast