Thread: 04OFF pics

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep more great photos there mate, thanks
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant pics. Do you take pics professionally?
    absolutely amazing.
    "Gunter" - 1993 Nissan Patrol GQ DX II, 6cyl 4.2L Diesel. 2" Lift EFS suspension. 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ (285/75 R16). Warn Winch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone who has commented

Quote Originally Posted by Mazodude View Post
    Brilliant pics. Do you take pics professionally?
    absolutely amazing.
    Just a play hobby for me, and i still have very much to learn, but thanks anyway !

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy View Post
    Very very nice. I can see those colours but I can't get a camera to reproduce them. Thanks for sharing Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Simply beautiful camera work there mate. Absolutely brilliant. Seeing pics like these makes me want to get an SLR and take some lessons. Any tips for those of us who aspire to take pics like these?

Main thing id try first, is to practice a little image composition (where things are or will be in the photo), work out what you want to capture in the image, and perhaps what you don't want to see, sometimes backgrounds can make a huge difference to a subject, often moving the camera to a different position (sometimes only inches) can improve your overall image.

After a while you will "see" a good picture composition in you head (or see why it wont be good) before you even get the camera out of the bag.

You don't need a expensive camera to learn how to compose a good pic, in fact you dont "need" a DSLR at all to take great pics, but having interchangeable lenses makes a DSLR more versitile than the average point and shoot, and gives you more control to capture the image you can see with your eyes, or in your head (and sometimes you can capture things you can't see).

Once you've got a grasp on composition, you can play around with camera settings and learn how to get the camera to see what you want it to capture

These pic's (Jetty Hut, Kingfisher Bay) taken with my custom settings (manual mode), using a tripod, a wide angle lens and a long exposure, produce a image with colour on the horizon much more vivid than i could see with the naked eye at the time.......

Don't they make you wish you were sitting there right now for a quiet beer ^

DSLRs are cheap now, but your "glass" (the lenses) can get very expensive, and the more variety of shots you want to take, the more glass you may find you need, i have spent more than my camera cost on lenses and still don't have every thing i want

Most important of all is to have fun playing around, if you don't enjoy it, i doubt its ever going to work for ya !
    Last edited by 04OFF; 22nd September 2011 at 11:23 PM.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

katwoman (26th September 2011), snicko (22nd September 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You MUST come to Fraser and show me how to take these sort of pics. I have just bought a Pentax Kr and a couple of lenses - but I really don't know much about taking a good photo. I guess these days quantity is the way to go. If you take a couple of thousand shots - then even if you know nothing about photography - at least ONE of them should be OK.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to come up, stay and play photoghraphy, not sure the funds are going to allow me to at this stage

Quantity will get "a" quality shot now and then, but you could just as easy end up with a 1000 garbagerus shots destined for the recycle bin, practice is good, but if you dont try and learn "why" a pic is good or bad, you will soon get sick of taking 100s of shots, then just deleting them all on the PC, all the time not knowing how get a good/better one.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Would love to come up, stay and play photoghraphy, not sure the funds are going to allow me to at this stage

Quantity will get "a" quality shot now and then, but you could just as easy end up with a 1000 garbagerus shots destined for the recycle bin, practice is good, but if you dont try and learn "why" a pic is good or bad, you will soon get sick of taking 100s of shots, then just deleting them all on the PC, all the time not knowing how get a good/better one.
    I was thinking of doing a TAFE course. I have heard that some of them are good. It will most likely be next year now though - I have a lot to do during the last few weeks of this year!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't comment on photography courses, i don't know anyone thats done one, be interesting to see how you go ?

All these are from Teewah Beach......

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

belzi82 (26th September 2011), frenzy (26th September 2011), GUtsy ute (2nd October 2011), Silver (2nd October 2011), taslucas (27th September 2011), Yendor (26th September 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a couple of beers with dinner, i couldn't take the car out for my usual Patrol night shots, so i grabbed the camera and a torch, and found my own way to have a "patrol" on the beach

got this on my second attempt.........

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

katwoman (26th September 2011), Silver (2nd October 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    After a couple of beers with dinner, i couldn't take the car out for my usual Patrol night shots, so i grabbed the camera and a torch, and found my own way to have a "patrol" on the beach

got this on my second attempt.........

Very very cool shots again

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice pics.

For those who would like to learn a little more about photography there are some great sites about. I have worked professionally as a photographer and it is most certainly true that you do not need to have an expensive camera to take good shots. Here is a site I am a member of that has a large array of information, a great forum and there are no shortage people to help or answer questions that you may have. www.ephotozine.com

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast