Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    what are you doing with 50 psi in your tyres? I hope that a typo. 40 and the km2s will sit flat on the road

When i saw the pics my first thought was, if thats with sliders imagine how bad it would of been without them. Should try do a rear side rail now that your bar is done? would some what stop this from happening again

Mine like 45 - 50 psi on the black top, don't forget im running 305s and my car is almost 3000kg as its normally driven around day to day.

Pretty sure the rear side rails are only possible on GQs as the rear door flare gets in the way on GUs ? , I doubt a rear side rail would have helped much in this case anyway Lachlan, the front slider mount is the weak point as it does not clasp the chassis rail like the centre and rear mount/s do, but is bolted to a thinner part of the chassis, this along with the fact that the GU guard hangs much lower than the rest of the sill didn't help.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Mine like 45 - 50 psi on the black top, don't forget im running 305s and my car is almost 3000kg as its normally driven around day to day.

Pretty sure the rear side rails are only possible on GQs as the rear door flare gets in the way on GUs ? , I doubt a rear side rail would have helped much in this case anyway Lachlan, the front slider mount is the weak point as it does not clasp the chassis rail like the centre and rear mount/s do, but is bolted to a thinner part of the chassis, this along with the fact that the GU guard hangs much lower than the rest of the sill didn't help.
    Sorry dumb moment. For some reason I thought that you damaged the rear, not sure why but that's what my comment was relating too.

As for the front, my sliders never really moved in the front, i believe that yours was a hard hit. Not sure why that could be different?

My patrol is nearly 3000kg daily, well was last time I was at the dump weight bridge, and 40 psi is good for me. How is your tyre wear? That will be the true test. I've got 15k on my km2s (identical to yours) and they seems to be very flat. 40 is also what the tyre shop told me, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fracster View Post
    I really admire some of the thought and imagination you put into your shots bud.
    Thanks mate, appreciate the comment, even more coming from someone with your skills

Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    Sorry dumb moment. For some reason I thought that you damaged the rear, not sure why but that's what my comment was relating too.

As for the front, my sliders never really moved in the front, i believe that yours was a hard hit. Not sure why that could be different?

My patrol is nearly 3000kg daily, well was last time I was at the dump weight bridge, and 40 psi is good for me. How is your tyre wear? That will be the true test. I've got 15k on my km2s (identical to yours) and they seems to be very flat. 40 is also what the tyre shop told me, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
    Yeh was a hard hit , but its where and how it hit that caused the damage, its my first damage to the white bits, my aim was to go 12months before needing body paint so its all good, the black bits are more sacrificial, thats why i left the flares black etc.

Ive done over 20k on my KMs and tread wear is good, (just checked depth across all 4 with a screwdriver) i do rotate them every 5-10k including spare.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

lhurley (4th December 2014)