Thread: 04OFF pics

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katwoman View Post
    Love the fact you can take it out for a day, and not a spec of dirt on the paint. Fantastic !

Haha, Yeh the trick is to go slow through the mud (or avoid it altogether ), I was also taking it easy as I was all alone, know one knew where I was, and it was late sunday arvo, and as well as that, last week I hit a slider so hard (on rock) it bent the guard so still licking the wounds so to speak (lol)

Bit of work, but pushed it back out the next day without the need for any paint

Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    He carries a pack of wet wipes

It is flexin nice on the front, I might have to play with my coils also.
    you Just have 2" coils/ shocks and caster bushes the rest is stock?

Yes correct, although as well as the guard damage last weekend, I also busted a front sway bar link pin in half, so some flex would be gained by the fact the sway bar is not working, ive never had even half that flex at the front before.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (3rd December 2014), katwoman (1st December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great panel work fixing that dent.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good on the damage Steve! I would have thought those sliders would be strong enough. I've got the same ones.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh they are strong Troy, it was 100% user error, a long story, but i had 50 psi in the tyres, attempted to climb over some nasty rocks, needed to much speed (due to not letting tyres down) and then mis judged the whole approach (on my 3rd attempt), and landed hard on rock with the very outer edge of the sliders (lots or leverage), wheels in the air, then sliding sideways down the same rock, all in the same action.

When my son showed me the powder coat left on the rock, at first i did not believe i could have got that high, but i did, and without the sliders id have badly ripped the gaurd, sill and drivers door.

looking at what i did, and fact that my car weighs 3 ton, i think the sliders did pretty well.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

megatexture (3rd December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Yeh they are strong Troy, it was 100% user error, a long story, but i had 50 psi in the tyres, attempted to climb over some nasty rocks, needed to much speed (due to not letting tyres down) and then mis judged the whole approach (on my 3rd attempt), and landed hard on rock with the very outer edge of the sliders (lots or leverage), wheels in the air, then sliding sideways down the same rock, all in the same action.

When my son showed me the powder coat left on the rock, at first i did not believe i could have got that high, but i did, and without the sliders id have badly ripped the gaurd, sill and drivers door.

looking at what i did, and fact that my car weighs 3 ton, i think the sliders did pretty well.
    what are you doing with 50 psi in your tyres? I hope that a typo. 40 and the km2s will sit flat on the road

When i saw the pics my first thought was, if thats with sliders imagine how bad it would of been without them. Should try do a rear side rail now that your bar is done? would some what stop this from happening again
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a quick run up to bribie today...

Love this pic mate!!

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    what are you doing with 50 psi in your tyres? I hope that a typo. 40 and the km2s will sit flat on the road

When i saw the pics my first thought was, if thats with sliders imagine how bad it would of been without them. Should try do a rear side rail now that your bar is done? would some what stop this from happening again

Mine like 45 - 50 psi on the black top, don't forget im running 305s and my car is almost 3000kg as its normally driven around day to day.

Pretty sure the rear side rails are only possible on GQs as the rear door flare gets in the way on GUs ? , I doubt a rear side rail would have helped much in this case anyway Lachlan, the front slider mount is the weak point as it does not clasp the chassis rail like the centre and rear mount/s do, but is bolted to a thinner part of the chassis, this along with the fact that the GU guard hangs much lower than the rest of the sill didn't help.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks growler, BTW small dodgy vid here .......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (3rd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool
    Not a fan normally of white writing out (unless on 70's muscle) but your vid made me think phark shoulda gone white out with mine

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine like 45 - 50 psi on the black top, don't forget im running 305s and my car is almost 3000kg as its normally driven around day to day.

Pretty sure the rear side rails are only possible on GQs as the rear door flare gets in the way on GUs ? , I doubt a rear side rail would have helped much in this case anyway Lachlan, the front slider mount is the weak point as it does not clasp the chassis rail like the centre and rear mount/s do, but is bolted to a thinner part of the chassis, this along with the fact that the GU guard hangs much lower than the rest of the sill didn't help.
    Sorry dumb moment. For some reason I thought that you damaged the rear, not sure why but that's what my comment was relating too.

As for the front, my sliders never really moved in the front, i believe that yours was a hard hit. Not sure why that could be different?

My patrol is nearly 3000kg daily, well was last time I was at the dump weight bridge, and 40 psi is good for me. How is your tyre wear? That will be the true test. I've got 15k on my km2s (identical to yours) and they seems to be very flat. 40 is also what the tyre shop told me, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast