Thread: Rocker shafted TD42T

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocker shafted TD42T

Murphy's law is a funny thing isn't it.
    Have been prepping to go away with my cousin in a week to the coorong, he owns a 95 GQ TD42, were replacing his rocker shaft due to wear on the button of it, tolerance was out by .23mm on most of the exhaust arms. Then the trouble starts, unfortunately he managed to crack the front rocker shaft guide while putting it back on the shaft.
    A few four letter words and a couple of laps around the shed later we are trying to work out how to get it going before D Day.
    Then it hit me, I know where a whole bunch of patrol owners hang out and hopefully a few may have some TD42 parts (hens teeth) lying around so here we go....
    is there anyone out there who may have a front rocker shaft guide to spare?
    I know it's a long shot and I'm sure he'll be onto patrol apart and Nissan tomorrow but can't hurt to ask?
    I'm sure he will pay whatever it takes to get his pride and joy going again (within reason).
    Cheers people! potsy.
    2000 GU, TD42T, bullbar and roof racks, 2inch lift, winch, front and rear air lockers, 3inch Scotts rods dump and exhaust kit.....more to come!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good, patrol apart to the rescue, should have a replacement by Monday. And he might go a bit easier with it this time round.
    2000 GU, TD42T, bullbar and roof racks, 2inch lift, winch, front and rear air lockers, 3inch Scotts rods dump and exhaust kit.....more to come!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potsy For This Useful Post:

Stropp (25th August 2016), Touses (25th August 2016)