User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitto Tyres and Sidewall strength

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for the company that is the importer of Nitto tyres in Australia and although I'm not in the tyre dept I was over there recently looking for new tyres for my work ute. Mitsubishi Triton 4x4.
    My first choice was the Nitto AT but I ended up with the Nexen Roadian AT because I was assured it too was a good tyre and I liked the look of the tread pattern better.
    So far they have been a great tyre, very quiet and aggressive tread pattern.
    Worth a look in my books.
    Once I pick up my Patrol I'm fitting a set of Nexen Roadian AT on it also.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post

The test of a well made tyre is the amount of balance weights required to make it run true. 5x toyos took around the 20g mark to balance, with the one on the slightly bent rim taking 40g. My last set of Bridgestones took 180g - 280g per tyre and still wouldn't balance - reason to change brands.
    Too true
    That's one of the reasons I chose the Nexen tyres.
    Our tyre fitter told me they are very good to balance which indicates a quality tyre.
    👍

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who makes Nexen? I've never heard of them.

I think I am going to give the Nitto or Toyo's a run for this next set and see how it goes.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    Who makes Nexen? I've never heard of them.
    Nexen and Kumho are Korean tyres. Both with pretty good reviews from people who have bought them, and comparatively cheap.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    Best way to deal with a "Can't" is to chop off the "t" and brew it in boiled water for a few minutes.
    Sip on the "t", and consider what you've got left to work with

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this and a few other reviews I bought 4 x Toyo 285/75/16 at/2s for $272 a tyre fitted with balance beads. So am expecting a good run and that price is in Mackay.Previosly had BFG KO2 and got 55k out of them but BFG or their retailers didnt or wouldn't give me a answer as to why there were micro splits in the tread from 5k.so bye bye BFG.
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm running 35 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Y62.
    Very happy indeed, low noise, excellent performance, even tread wear, seem to balance OK and strong sidewalls.

Toyo and Nitto merged back in the 80's or somesuch and Toyo is also tied up with Goodyear somehow so quality should be good on either brand.

They manufacture in USA, Japan and China and Bob Jane seems to be the major outlet for Nitto here in Oz
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the Nitto Trail Grapplers in 315/75R16 on my GQ, can't really comment as they are brand new but they are very quiet for what they are and the sidewall seems very stiff, hoping that is an indication of toughness but I don't they will bag out very well when aired down.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hiya Winnie

My Ridgeys handle the sand quite well... buuuut... in a Y62 it would probably still go like stink at 50 PSI, 15 PSI and all points inbetween :-)
    Haven't had to drop mine below 22 so far but being 35's they have a head start in 'flotation' over 31/33 inch jobbies

Speaking generically... if I had to drop another 2 PSI or so over the 'standard' starting point of a softer wall to get enough float from the Nitto's I wouldn't be too fussed as the tougher sidewall and handling is the main reason to buy the tyre.

As for the Traily's the more aggresive tread should go just as well IMHO
    Last edited by the evil twin; 29th June 2019 at 05:40 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Winnie (29th June 2019)

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evil said " Bob Jane seems to be the major outlet for Nitto here in Oz " but I would like to add Tyrepower in Nth Qld as a stockist of Toyo and Nitto just to give more options to people.
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dads tractor For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (30th June 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dads tractor View Post
    Evil said " Bob Jane seems to be the major outlet for Nitto here in Oz " but I would like to add Tyrepower in Nth Qld as a stockist of Toyo and Nitto just to give more options to people.
    Good to know... gunna be a while before I wear these ones out but very happy so far so will probably go with a new set of the same and multiple outlets means better prices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast