Been hearing very good things regarding the sidewall strength on the Nitto and Toyo M/T's and am getting close to needing a new set to replace the current KM2's with the main use now being remote off-road touring and some off-track driving.

The BFG's have done well, but are pretty well hammered now at around the 45,000klm mark. I blew one on the road down from Lorella Springs to Cape Crawford and suspect it was sliced on a rock. We were heavily laden and they were being run at 28psi and were pretty hot from the corrugations. On the Maytown track I also slashed a second one on the sidewall badly enough for it to be un-plugable and a throw away. Otherwise, they've done the Cape twice, the Maytown Track twice, the Simpson, Strzlecki, Painted and Stoney deserts, the Northern Flinders, and most recently touring around the Limen NP, Lawn Hill and Lorella, so I can't complain.

I'm prepared to take the hit on noise and handling when daily driving if I can rely on them when remote.

If not the above tyres then maybe the Mickey Thompsons, however I suspect there would be no sidewall strength benefit?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.