Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ Custom Center Dash board

hi all,
    am almost ready to start working on my 1995 GQ to get her both running and livable as a family wagon. as such a few bad ideas have popped into my head for projects, the most recient of which is making a custom dash center. The main reason for this started because I would like to put in an android double din for a reversing camera and really don't like the idea of putting it right down the bottom where the radio currently goes. So after starring at the problem for a while I thought to myself, what if i put the heater controls down the bottom and made a double din just below the air vents. At that point the bad ideas started namely the idea started to run away on me so instead of double din what about the biggest screen i can jam in there (8-10.2" are the current likely suspects) making a whole new fascia out of 40-50 thou aluminum which would allow me to simply screw monstrosities straight onto the new fascia provided i bent it up and had then securely fastened to other structure else where.

any how before i fork out the cash and invest myself prematurely in a project that cant be done I have a question for you all, has any one played around with relocating the HAVAC controls? is there lots of spare cable for dropping it down as much as 30cm or alternatively what are the options for making after market cables that are longer?

thanks in advance
    -Spannerdriver
    Last edited by Spannerdriver; 16th August 2016 at 11:36 AM.