Thread: Slings

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slings

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but seeing it has to do with recovery, it might be ideal.

Unilift is having a 50% sale on slings. http://www.uniliftequipment.com.au/

I just bought a few extra slings, always good to have in the car for those "you never know" situations. Can never be short of rigging gear.... especially being lightweight synthetic that can roll up into a small pack.

They are an Aussie company who mainly supply the industrial sector with rigging and lifting gear. They also sell shackles. All gear is Australian Standard and rated.

Anyway, goes without saying, use it correctly, don't be a dickhead. It's not designed for off-road conditions and vehicle recovery but if you need a bit of extra rigging to stabilize a stranded vehicle, helping someone in a roll-over, or creating an anchor point then it's a very handy to have a few in your toolbox.

p.s. remember, if you loop it on itself you double the SWL.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest using gear that can be also used for a recovery that way your not carting single purpose equipment

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Trouble is most gear is made and tested to lift, the rated shackles can be cheaper than a 4x4 shop.
    I would only carry gear made and tested for 4x4 recovery,
    I hear what your saying but if something goes pear shaped it could turn ugly, lol

They are a great place to get a bridle rated for your 4x4 made
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Rated" shackles are rated to A.S. as grades for lifting not recovery so you end up in the same situation as the slings in that case.

Who reduces the rating on a Bow Shackle as per the Standards when it is side loaded for example?

FWIW I buy all my slings, shackles etc from Bullivants, Slinglift et al because they are a) heaps cheaper and b) you are assured of the quality.

I buy my Snatch Recovery straps from a commercial supplier who makes them for the transport and marine industry and they have anti-recoil incorporated.

I make my own soft shackles

Sooo... I kinda 'mix and match' I spose
    Last edited by the evil twin; 16th August 2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.