OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central locking not working after installing rear door table?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Central locking not working after installing rear door table?

Guys,

Currently, my central locking has decided to no longer work. Locking still operates correctly with the hard key but not with the standard remote button. The only work that I've done prior to this issue happening was to fit my new table to the larger rear door. As this table has an in-build light, I had to run a cable through the rear door, taking care not to disturb any existing wiring.

My understanding of the duel rear door setup is that the central locking relies on all doors, including the two rear doors, being shut. This should be confirmed by the "push" switch on the smaller rear door. If this is the case, I wouldn't expect any wiring for that switch to be in or near the larger door that I could have disturbed. Holding that switch in by hand does not solve the problem. Does this all sound correct or have I done something stupid? Any ideas ?

Bazza
    Last edited by bazzaboy; 15th August 2016 at 11:00 PM.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,308 Times in 6,439 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Retrace your steps maybe. And first remove the wiring in through to the rear door then try again. Or even just disconnect the wiring you put in. Sounds like you have disturbed something...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

bazzaboy (16th August 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Retrace your steps maybe. And first remove the wiring in through to the rear door then try again. Or even just disconnect the wiring you put in. Sounds like you have disturbed something...
    Hi Mudski,

That's my job for today. The new wiring for the table light has been run but not connected yet, but is it possible that I've disturbed something. I'm just surprised that the switch wiring from the other door would go anywhere in or near the large door. It would have to run under the horizontal plastic cover, across the door opening, which I have not disturbed.
    If anyone has a wiring diagram and could check it, it would be helpful, before I start pulling it all apart. It could be a coincidence, but unlikely.

Bazza

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,308 Times in 6,439 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm might be just a coincidence?? It is common for the central locking to fail on the Patrols. More so the earlier Y61's though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is also a switch in the large barn door. It's part of the bottom locking mechanism.

Did you drill through the bottom part of the door? Or disconnect any connectors inside the large barn door?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    There is also a switch in the large barn door. It's part of the bottom locking mechanism.

Did you drill through the bottom part of the door? Or disconnect any connectors inside the large barn door?
    I did drill through the bottom of the door, but not that low. I did check all wiring before drilling but didn't see any wiring going near that locking mechanism, but it's something I will re-check. I thought that because the smaller door will not lock if the larger is not shut properly, only one switch on the smaller door would be needed. Does anyone know if they is a fuse for the central locking and where it might be located? I'm thinking that if it's blown it confirms that I've nicked a wire somewhere and grounded it. If it's not blown, I've dislodged one, or it's coincidence and the central locking is RS.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    I did drill through the bottom of the door, but not that low. I did check all wiring before drilling but didn't see any wiring going near that locking mechanism, but it's something I will re-check. I thought that because the smaller door will not lock if the larger is not shut properly, only one switch on the smaller door would be needed. Does anyone know if they is a fuse for the central locking and where it might be located? I'm thinking that if it's blown it confirms that I've nicked a wire somewhere and grounded it. If it's not blown, I've dislodged one, or it's coincidence and the central locking is RS.
    The connector is located about 1/3 from the bottom corner of the door. The wires then loop down to the switch.

There's a main 40 amp fuse in the fusebox under the bonnet and fuse 24 in the fusebox inside the vehicle. It wouldn't hurst to check all fuses.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The connector is located about 1/3 from the bottom corner of the door. The wires then loop down to the switch.

There's a main 40 amp fuse in the fusebox under the bonnet and fuse 24 in the fusebox inside the vehicle. It wouldn't hurst to check all fuses.
    What are the fuses named as? I can find none at either location named as central locking or anything similar.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    What are the fuses named as? I can find none at either location named as central locking or anything similar.
    Don't know. There would only be 2 or 3 40amp fusible links under the bonnet check them all. The fusebox inside the vehicle is numbered.

Does the interior light stay on with all the doors closed?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know. There would only be 2 or 3 40amp fusible links under the bonnet check them all. The fusebox inside the vehicle is numbered.

Does the interior light stay on with all the doors closed?
    Hi Yendor,

Found the problem. Took the rear door table off and checked all the standard wiring. All good. Nothing cut or dislodged. Closed the rear doors without the table fitted .... all good, central locking working again. Took some more measurements and found that the table was ever so slightly touching the plastic trim across the bottom of the door opening. It was so slightly that the door seemed to be closing properly, not leaving any rub marks, and locking on the manual key operation.

Anyway .... trimming the door table about another 1mm solved the problem. All good now. Must have been just enough not to activate/de-activate that door switch.

Thank you for you help with this.

Bazza
    Last edited by bazzaboy; 20th August 2016 at 09:04 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (16th August 2016), mudski (16th August 2016), Yendor (16th August 2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast