Thread: ZD30 Injector pump replacement and NATS

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZD30 Injector pump replacement and NATS

I am about to replace the Injector pump on my 2001 ZD30 and I was wondering if I will need to have the NATS reprogrammed to match the new injector pump? Isn't that where it immobilises the engine or is it just the ECU? I don't want to pull it all apart and back together again in the driveway and have it not have it start and then have to tow it to Nissan. Can anyone shed some light. The manual outlines how to remove and replace, but nothing on the injector pump / NATS. Thanks

Also are all ZD30DDI pumps the same.
    Last edited by Fity; 8th August 2016 at 02:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @mudski will be able to sort you out
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As far as I'm aware you wont have issues with NATs when you replace the IP. its all in the ECU side of things. Just remember when you have it all back together when you prime the IP for the first time, when you start the motor to continue to pump the primer for about 2 minutes whilst the engine is at idle. Otherwise you can cook the PCB in the IP.
    Good luck.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the hot tip re priming mudski. Should i crack the injector lines while cranking for the first start to help it prime?

Are there any differences in the ZD30DDI pumps?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just dropped in another pump and it started up, with no NATS headache.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fity For This Useful Post:

mudski (18th August 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry Fity for not responding. Kinda lost this thread somewhere. No need to crack the lines. The back to you cant reach anyway from memory. Just keep pumping after its started for a couple of minutes.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good mate. I worked that out also. A series of pump, crank, pump, crank for about 30 seconds and she kicked. A few more rounds of crank and pump and she started. I kept pumping for a few minutes and it is all good now. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way of removing NATS alltogether, or bypassing it all? I have a ZD30 Y61, which seems to have some intermittent NATS issues... and I rather remove it all, as I don't want to be left stranded with that when out in the bush. Based in Melbourne, and would be interested in talking to someone that could help with that. Thoughts? /Jorgen

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya ... I'm not terribly qualified on forums though I have a question relating to what you've indicated above - would you be in a position to help me. I've an '03 ZD30 DI and my local garage are fitting a new VP44. A diesel firm that declared my VP44 dead stated the below. I no longer have the old pump and ECU that sits on top of pump. Am I in trouble w.r.t coding this new pump onto my car ...

this what local diesel firm stated :

We had a very similar problem at the beginning of the year with a Nissan patrol, fitted an reconditioned pump but the engine wouldn’t start and there were fault code logged in the vehicle ecu was Code

“75 p5 injection pump control module”

that were not there before.

We had never had a problem with these pumps in the past, we removed the reconditioned pump fitted a new ecu to it tested it then fitted it to the engine again but it was still the same, the pump was removed again fully stripped re built and tested with a new ecu and it was still the same, the vehicle ecu was sent away for testing, and auto electrician checked all the vehicle wiring but it was not until we copied all the ID details from the original pump ecu to the new pump ecu that the vehicle started. That particular job was here for just over 2 months before we got to the bottom of it, it was not much fun at all.

I just told your mechanic about that experience because it seemed to be quite similar. If he could check to see if he has a 75 p5 fault code it may be the same issue. There is also an intermediate connection between the fuel pump ECU connector and the engine wiring loom he could check that there is not corrosion in that because that could also cause a problem.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 808grim For This Useful Post:

GGG (15th September 2019)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...after my recent zd30 adventure, I can shed some light on this issue...

...whether or not the injector pump UID tags are matched to the ECU, basically depends on which ECU is fitted.

..as far as I can determine, the following vehicles do *not* have any code matching issues...

Patrol/Navara/Terrano with TB45E or non-CRD ZD30
    R50 Pathfinder with VG33E

These are the older ECCS-D ECUs with OBD2 connector that really isn't OBD2 -- these vehicles still utilize Nissan Consult

Models not in this group (including those fitted with zd30 CRD), utilize the newer ECU design that *does* require pump UID tagging to be programmed in.

..this is the easy way to identify what you're up against...

HTH

14. The Following User Says Thank You to solder For This Useful Post:

808grim (13th December 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast