Thread: Faulty Brakes...?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faulty Brakes...?

Hi team. I've got a small issue with the Patrol (SWB 1990 GQ TD42), recently after I release the hand brake it won't roll forward, likes its stuck on. I put the beast into drive and it needs a few revs to "brake free". It feels likes its rotational as if I let her roll forward it will grab again. Weird thing is I can go straight into reverse with no issues and if the truck has warmed up a bit or its a hot day it doesn't happen. I'm wondering if its a stuck hand brake (How do these work..?) or rear brake callipers. Ive replaced my rear pads and noticed hat the right rear disc has a few scratches in it likes its had a stone caught between the disc pad and the disc so I might get one new ones but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm not loosing any brake fluid and have replaced my left rear caliber seals last year...

Any thoughts

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the swb is the same as the lwb the hand brake is separate from the rear drums. its on the tail shaft near the transfer. i removed the tail shaft and replaced the shoes machined the drum etc. there are two rubber plugs on the face to adjust it but mine was missing them and it filled with mud.

i'd take out the rubber plug and get someone to move the handbrake and watch to see if it moves. make sure it cant roll. maybe take off the drum as its cable and will be fine, also check for oil on the shoes
    if its worth doin its worth over doin