OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from FarEast of Russia.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from FarEast of Russia.

Hello, Sirs.

I'm from Vladivostok - the city in the very FarEast of Russia.
    Please, sorry for any kind of grammar mistakes in my english, cause it's not my native language, but i'll try to do my best.
    Have been driving my dad's JDM Patrols - Nissan Safari's (there're very few Patrols in our region, but really much Safari's, of course because of Japan's proximity) for 10+ years since i'd started driving when i was 18. There was four different Safari's total in our family, which had changed each other successively. All of them were 5-door wagons with high roof. The first one was, MQ/MK/260 SD33T, second one was GQ/Y60 TD42 naturally aspirated manual tranny, third one was '94 GQ/Y60 TD42T automatic tranny 24v and the latest one (present) is also GQ/Y60 TD42T automatic but '96 12v Kingsroad (two air heaters and two air conditioners, the freezer in the backyard and Y61-style steering wheel with airbag).

Here it is:

385/70R16 (about 38") Toyo M/T's, JW Speaker headlights, custom steel bumpers and sidesteps, Comeup winches front and rear, aluminium carrier on the roof, 4" Dobinson's coils, Procomp ammos, cut wheel archs. UPOL Camouflaged - cause dad truly loves fishing and hunting.

So, driving all this busty monsters (all of them had wheels not less than 35 inches) for 10 years, of course, made me true Patrol fan to the hell of that. Not to mention i've had terrible road accident few years ago (where i had real chance to lose my leg, but gods bless surgeon, master of his craft, who saved it and now i have 13mm titanium shaft in my femoral bone) in which Patrol saved my own and my mates lives (who, much to the happines, escaped only with little sratches).

So, now i'm in dedicated love with this Y60/GQ model truck, i think, to the end of my live. Through my "driver's years" have driven nice black TLC Prado 120 for about two years also.

Yeah, looking cool, about 280hp from 1GR-FE, nice and modern interior, silence inside, soft suspension, but... GODS, when i close the door of GQ inside of it, turn the key, hear the instant start and then full rumbling of old good reliable inline-six diesel... I just feel that "i'm in a right place, in a right time". There's no better car for me. And now it's a bit more than just a "car".

Finally, half-year+ ago i had bought my own GQ shorty direct from Japan.
    WRY60, TD42T, manual gearbox, 146 000 kms on odometer.

The primordial idea was to built crawler-truck (40 inch tires, fully hydraulic steering, triangle 4-link both front and rear, coilovers) by my own. Cause i have huge interest in 4x4 crawling and trial. Don't like mudding despite it's very easy to find lots of mud in my region, and pretty NOT easy to find really good terrain for crawling. Of course it should take huge amount of money and i hadn't it at all on the moment after purchasing shorty.

Then after several days driving shorty my mind had been totally blowed with kicking the ass power/torque of "factory turbo TD42T on manual" in relation to lightweight shorty without any bullys, winches, epic tires and other "traditional" 4x4 stuff. So, i decided "just" to make total refresh of shorty and to use it as a daily-driver for multiple tasks. The dream about crawler-weapon is postponed for better days.

Firstly, i put pretty looking 275/70R18 (33.5) Toyo M/T's (just superb tires) on 18' Mayhem Tank's on to the shorty.
    Here how he changed instantly on this wheels on stock springs, no lift.

And then i started the "total refresh or rebuild". The only things i decided not to open were the engine and tranny, because both of them seemed to be in really good shape for the present moment. So the main goals were: to remove all the rust, repaint and protect everything i could, change all the rubber bushings and hoses, change the stock 3.9 diffs to 4.11 (because of 33.5 tires), totall remove of EGR system (including flap/valve on the intake and vacuum solenoids group) and cleaning the whole intake manifold. Installing EGT, Boost, Oil Press., Water Temp. and Vacuum pump sensors. Finally welding 3 inch straight through exhaust by my own. I'm only newbie in welding and i had only simple MMA, so i decided to make it from normal steel, not stainless (stainless would be too tough for me at present). So, after 6 months work is finally approaching to the end. Hope to place body onto the chassis in 5-10 days.

Here how all the things are looking at present moment:

Last edited by Alex_K87; 3rd August 2016 at 01:43 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Alex_K87 For This Useful Post:

AB (2nd August 2016), Bigcol (1st August 2016), growler2058 (6th August 2016), katwoman (2nd August 2016), mudnut (1st August 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (1st August 2016), Plasnart (1st January 2020), rusty_nail (1st January 2020), Softy (1st August 2016), threedogs (2nd August 2016), Touses (2nd August 2016), Wine_maker (5th August 2016), Woof (1st August 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Safari looks awesome mate, love the colours...............very well done
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

Alex_K87 (1st August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh my that's one good looking Safari
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum mate
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Oh my that's one good looking Safari
    Thanks, mate. But which one: long or short?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both but the long one is exceptional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    welcome to the forum mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    The Safari looks awesome mate, love the colours...............very well done
    Much thanks, mates.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Both but the long one is exceptional
    I'll pass your words to my Dad. He's owner of this truck.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man, what great looking Patrols - the Safari & the Shorty
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigcol For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fantastic effort mate, great work
    Cheers from Aus
    2001 Patrol 4.2TD manual 2" lift; Beaudesert 3" Exhaust

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan02 For This Useful Post: