User Tag List

Thread: Death Valley and Mojave Desert in an 80 series

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Valley and Mojave Desert in an 80 series

Well, not in a patrol, since they haven't been in the US for many decades. I don't include the new armada 'thing' as a patrol

Obviously I do have a patrol in oz (old MQ), but here in the US the next best thing I could get was an 80 series - before they went soft with the 100 etc and IFS. The 105 never made it here.

Anyhow, early March this year (2022) I took a couple of weeks and headed on a camping/exploring trip and some 4wding. It's an ongoing writeup, but a fair bit of it is done ->

http://www.george4wd.taskled.com/dv2022.html

No way as remote as in places I hang out in WA, but still not too bad for crowded US. Get to dirt and you get away from a lot of folk, get to some 4wd dirt and you're even more isolated.

I did capture quite a bit of video with a dash mounted go-pro. I've stuck it up on youtube. A lot is an hour plus 'segments' and a few are short-ish. Gives a good taste of the terrain in death valley and some of the Mojave desert. Death Valley has some pretty spectacular scenery that is totally different than anything found in oz. Most of the video has me droning on about this & that, no obnoxious background music blaring.

A few of the videos:

Mojave desert:

Mojave Desert:

Death Valley 'pass':

Death Valley fun track:

There's more videos in the 'playlist' I created for the trip.

Hope you get some enjoyment from it.

cheers,
    george.
    Last edited by georges80; 12th September 2022 at 02:16 AM.
    US: '97 S/C 1FZ 80 Cruiser White, locked^3,sliders,arb,kaymar,m12000,dual bats,King Remotes front/Radflo Remotes rear,LEDs,etc..... ki6ibx
    OZ: '80 T/C SD33 MQ Patrol White, locked F/R, rack,sliders,arb,tyre carrier,8274,dual bats,LEDs,etc....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to georges80 For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (11th September 2022), MB (11th September 2022), mudski (12th September 2022), Touses (12th September 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement