OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Hello and a quick can you Help me.

Threaded View

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and a quick can you Help me.

Hi
    I am in the market for a GQ Patrol but don't know too much about them other than that they are practically bullet proof, are a very capable 4wd when set up correctly, are relatively cheap, and have many modification/parts available to suit any type of build.

In short, I have been 4wding for many years and have owned Landcruisers, Tritons etc,
    My most capable rig i have owned would of probably have had to be the last I owned which was a 2013 Triton.

My Family Currently Has 2x200 series, 1 x Triton, and 3 Hilux's but none of us have ever owned a Patrol.

I am not one to be Brand Specific and give good credit where credit is due to all make and models.

Long Story Short, I sold the Triton as I cost me a lot of money to build and it just sat there garaged waiting for the next trip out, Though I was using it almost every weekend I just couldnt justify having a brand new vehicle sitting there costing me money when I have my first born on the way and my wife not going to be working.

Though do-able I just saw it as a Safer option and decided to sell the rig though It has slowly killed me ever since.

CURRENTLY, I am in the market to buy a cheap and reliable 4wd that will allow me to do the things we all love and head out to the bush without breaking the budget.

So, this is pretty much what I am looking for,

-Must be pre 92,93 so I can club reg it (this way costs me next to nothing to just sit there)
    Must be a GQ Wagon not ute (unless i can find a dual cab wagon thats already had the chop but highly unlikely)
    -Needs to be in very neat condition and I don't mind paying up to 5 grand for it.

Preferably I am looking for something pretty straight with bugger all rust on it, would like the motor to also be in well maintained condition even though I am looking to build from ground up as a project as I will be looking at putting a V8 (ls1 or something else) in the future.

SO, just need to know, is there any out there in great condition for my asking price?
    Is there any particular model i should be looking for?

And other than the rust, door hinges , cracks on chassis or body under carpet , is there anything else I need to look out for ?

i have a friend who has one with a 351 clevland in it and it goes bloody great.

Looking forward to all your helpful info.

Kind Regards
    Baby Daddy!
    Last edited by Baby Daddy; 31st July 2016 at 02:03 PM.