User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pushing on with TB42E turbo upgrade

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep nistune isnt a bad bit of kit, and if you have an ecutalk all the functions on that still work as well with nistune

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update, intercooler mounted, have started running the piping(bought a generic ebay piping kit but they left me short all the clamps and silicon joins, BUT once I told em they shipped em out straight away, good service)

Big win yesterday, George(Altis from the forum) hooked me up with a good price on a genuine Bosch Z32 afm. Will need to suss the pin outs to wire it in but shouldn't be a drama.

Exhaust is completely finished, but I'm going to heat wrap the dump & connecting pipe to try and keep temps down in the engine bay and to cover up my ugly welding.
    Last edited by Irish; 4th December 2016 at 08:31 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Useful Post:

AB (4th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okeydokey,

Have been busy as in the run up to Christmas, looks like I won't be on the road til Jan now, BUT have gotten a bunch done and I can see the finish line ahead.

Have finished all of the intake piping, had to rejig it a bit as on testing found that I couldn't close the bloody bonnet.

Had to get a bit creative with the airbox and in a moment of "genius" I decided to use an old ex army ammo tin I got from Aussie Disposals a while back. Fully air/watertight airbox anyone?

Also started butchering my front grill to make it fit over the intercooler, nerve racking stuff, hate chopping into perfectly good parts but ah well.

Fuel pump, injectora and rail left to go then I can start bolting the undercarriage back together.

To be continued.

15578844_10154258549312677_4011343421624162728_n.jpg15589636_10154258549372677_5196474321484992298_n.jpg15439979_10154258549402677_8569433037667436933_n.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish For This Useful Post:

Parksy (26th January 2017), rusty_nail (16th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good!! Doing the hard yards it will be a beast

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombie thread resurrection!!!!!

Update:

I've been busier than hell the last few months so sorry for the slackness.

I'd been slowly chipping away at it an hour here and there, got my fuel rail machined out to accept the bigger injectors, etc etc and got the car running(without the AFM connected).

Took her for a spin around the block to make sure everything at least worked and lo and behold, the used turbo that was a "good runner" was pissing oil out the rear seal.

Rage, much rage ensued.

So, dipped into my tuning fund to buy a replacement core for it, all good, bit of a setback but whatever..

ECU went off to Nistune for modification, and he even set it up to recognise the new afm, sweet!

So, got her all booked in at CMS in Seaford(great guys, very knowledgeable on TB's, TD's, RB's, you name it). Decided to give it another run around the block the day before just to make sure all was okay and..... nothing.
    Engine would not fire, nada. So troubleshooting time. Checked all the usuals then pulled the plugs, rooted(gave myself a nice jolt in the process of testing em too, not recommended).

One trip to supercheap later and much much swearing and skinned knuckles, and the Mav roared into life once more.

Dropped it off next morning and got a call from CMS after lunch, "Your car's ready mate".

When I got there and had a chat with em, they relayed that my clutch seems to be nearing the end of it's life and doesn't like boost, BUT, they were able to do enough runs to get it tuned up.

Originally I was looking for 10psi of boost(nice and safe), but they backed it off to 7, to stop clutch slip as much as possible and the Mav still returned 140kw at the wheels. With a good clutch and en extra few lbs, she will do 160 easy.

Even without being able to drop the welly on it, the car is SO much better to drive now, really looking forward to seeing what she'll be like with a clutch!

All in all, considering that I did about 99% of the work on this myself in my free time, I'm calling it a positive result!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Useful Post:

AB (5th June 2017)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345