Thread: That doesn't seem fair

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    snip... Here in WA fog light are not permitted to be used and my mate pointed this out.
    Uuummm... thats a new one to me...since when has it been illegal to use fog lights in WA?

AFAIK they are perfectly OK but must only be used in periods of restricted vis... has that changed?
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Uuummm... thats a new one to me...since when has it been illegal to use fog lights in WA?

AFAIK they are perfectly OK but must only be used in periods of restricted vis... has that changed?
    Don't know the law ET, that's what he was told and I think I have seen that somewhere else. Anyway fact remains if they are there the gotta work even if the aren't used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    snip... Anyway fact remains if they are there the gotta work even if the aren't used.
    Totally agree with you on that, Cobber
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My ARB bull bar has holes for the extra indicators and I'm pretty sure by law if there are holes there I must fit working indicators?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I don't know how true it is but my mate who does roadworthies in VIC said that if the car has a spare tyre in it, the tyre must be in roadworthy condition. But there is no problem if there is no spare.
    So when doing certificates and the car has a bald tyre as a spare he takes it out, passes the car and then puts the tyre back in.
    That is the case in most states I believe. If you have a spare it must be legal. I dont carry spares. I have always just bought them....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    My ARB bull bar has holes for the extra indicators and I'm pretty sure by law if there are holes there I must fit working indicators?
    Yeh I believe that 2 be true in NSW as well
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think here it applies to your washer bottle as well. If its there it needs to have water in it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

AB (20th July 2016), BigRAWesty (21st July 2016), growler2058 (20th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In QLD the spare tyre is NOT part of a roadworthy inspection, so it can be bald and still pass, i lost a bet on that one, i didn't believe it till the roadworthy guy printed out the rules.

Of course it does not mean you can use the spare legally on the car.

And yes i know someone that got booked in QLD for washers not working , only because the bottle had no water, but i guess legally washers need to work for a reason, and its not a officers job to "diagnose" why something does not work, and ignorance is not much of a excuse these days.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having just put a vehicle over the pits around a month ago, I was surprised to see the list on what they were picking on.
    I knew this vehicle wouldnt pass and I wanted to see what they wanted me to do. It was a Delica btw and in WA.

Things on the list were mainly normal like couple of small oil leaks and worn bushes. Thats all fair enough.
    Then the stupid things come up like windscreen washer bottle not full. Sorry mate forgot about filling that up... They wanted to charge $20 for filling that up
    Headlights out of adjustment..... Yeah I understand they need to be adjusted right and im not complaining about that. How much did they want to charge for that? $30 !!!!
    Front headlight washers not working..... Ummm its an import and they had to be disconnected for compliance in Australia!!!
    One oil leak they picked up wasnt an oil leak. It was from me filling the damn thing up with oil in the first place after replacing the rocker gaskets, cam seals and crank seal. Something I thought a mechanic could have clearly seen as it wasnt dirty oil at all.
    As for the fog lights on it, they picked on them. They said they cant be yellow. Really? Again how the hell did it gain compliance in the first place with them on.
    My dad had a similar thing with a trailer not long ago. Put it over pits. They wanted a new trailer plug on it. How much to install? $75!!

I actually think its more work creation for themselves than anything else and also depends on who you get on the day or workshop you take it to.
    2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I think that if the bar was fitted after 1992(?) it must have indicators fitted on the bar. If there are holes I would suspect that the bar was made after this rule was introduced.
    Graham

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GeeYou8 For This Useful Post:

AB (21st July 2016)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast