Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y61 CRD 08 white smoke at engine

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loodfick View Post
    Good day Mate. Had it towed to a mechanic.
    The guys says it looks like my rings are going and showed me oil on the intercooler. I have a catch can fitted and he says that you only do that if you rings are on thier wag out. Says I basically need a new engine?? How do I know and what could I do?
    sounds like you need to find a mechanic that knows what he is doing

he is quoting you a stuffed engine as either he wants nothing to do with it
    or his kids need new braces on their teeth

as your in WA, give Matt at United Fuel Injection a call, and see if he can help you

he has forgotten more about the nissan motors than most will ever know - (not affiliated, just had awesome service everytime I have been)

finding good mechanic's in WA who know the Patrols is difficult, but not hard
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. The guy came back. It is the EGR tube assembly that has gone. He is replacing that now. He had a look at the injectors and found the o rings are out of the groove. Replaced those. The rocker cover gasket and the gasket nozzels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No worries... EGR and leaking injectors make much more sense than the initial diagnosis
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear All, as you know I have had my o rings on the injectors, the coper washers and rocker gasket. I now all of a sudden have a vibration / shudder at low rev's. Could this be the compression of a cylinder or perhaps faulty injectors causing this or do you guys think its more likely something else? It is only at low revs and can only be felt in 4th and 5th gear. It basically only happens between about 60 and about 90. Then it goes away.

What do you think?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get it back to the mechanic who did the work and take him for a drive and see what he says, or much better still as Col said earlier
    as your in WA, give Matt at United Fuel Injection a call, and see if he can help you

he has forgotten more about the nissan motors than most will ever know
    Where are you located mate?
    Cheers Tony
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did take him for a drive but he seems to think that it is be drivetrain or axle or something there. It didn't do this before. Let me rather book it in at United Furl Injection and see what they say. Just wanted to know if you guys think vibration could be related. Let me take it to Matt and see how we go. Cheers for your help mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Get it back to the mechanic who did the work and take him for a drive and see what he says, or much better still as Col said earlier .
    Where are you located mate?
    Cheers Tony
    I am in North Perth. Butler....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loodfick View Post
    Dear All, as you know I have had my o rings on the injectors, the coper washers and rocker gasket. I now all of a sudden have a vibration / shudder at low rev's. Could this be the compression of a cylinder or perhaps faulty injectors causing this or do you guys think its more likely something else? It is only at low revs and can only be felt in 4th and 5th gear. It basically only happens between about 60 and about 90. Then it goes away.

What do you think?

Has the clutch and flywheel been changed at any point.... Do you know if it has a single mass flywheel fitted instead of the dual mass jobby? The single mass flywheel can introduce a vibration / shudder at low revs.

Is it the original clutch, and the dual mass flywheel. Does it make any noises when cold? The dual mass flywheel could be on the way out.

Can you feel the vibration through the steering wheel, rather than engine noise / mechanical? Tyres need balancing, some Patrols have an inherent wobble between 80-90 due to front end geometry - especially when they are fitted with suspension lift.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12