Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My GUIII 4.8

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a bit of a win today.
    Factory diff lock didnt work..... surprise surprise . First time I have managed to test it was last week.
    So I have now done the usual MAC valve upgrade and it is working perfectly fine.

All the lights and the stupid buzzer are working as it should too. No bad noises when it engages or disengages. Actually its extremely quiet and quite quick.
    Couple of circles on grass/ sand either way confirmed its definitely on. From what i had read I only expected it to work in 4 low but its working in 4 high as well so thats a plus I think.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

threedogs (22nd September 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my new rod holders today. Fitted them up in about 20 mins all up to the factory roof bars.
    Cost $99 off eBay which I thought was a real bargain.
    I wanted something that could take around 6 rods when I go fishing with the kids and my Dad.
    They slide out to help loading them up and lock back in place. Then key lockable if you have to do any stops along the way.
    They are made pretty well and all the mounting hardware come with it for pretty much any bar you may have too.

2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

threedogs (22nd September 2016), Touses (22nd September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice truck, plus the audio upgrade must sound great!
    1989 GQ TD42 N/A.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Yeah the audio upgrade is great. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Ok well the past couple of days i have been trying to get more info from the OBD system to be displayed on my head unit. Still haven't got the elusive tranny temp though. This seems to be the holy grail.
    From what i have read the Bluetooth OBD adapters only read the ECM for some reason.
    Yes i know you can read it with NDS II with a cable but thats not how im set up. I want it all to come through the head unit via my bluetooth adapter and not have a cable and a laptop or separate carputer in the car.

So i went looking through the service manual hoping to find some info on this. Well I may or may not have found something.... time will tell. We have a signal going from the TCM to the ECM for tranny temp. We also have an output signal from the ECM to the dash display for the tranny temp (warning light). So im hoping i can find that and some kind of useable PID to then display temp direct from the ECM. Not sure if its possible but i will try it.

On another note my Engine is running at about 3° of ignition instead of about 10° so going to sort that out today.

This display shown is via car guage pro. Its an older guage set with a bit of a pain in the arse interface but it does alright.
    I still cant get Torque pro to work yet. I think im going to have to set my own PID's on it in order for it to work. You can see the ignition timing in the bottom right corner.
    We all know that the speedo on the dash isnt correct usually. The speed shown via the Vehicle Speed Sensor is pretty close to GPS speed though which i found interesting.
    What i didnt expect was the tacho on the dash to be out around 250rpm. This really surprised me.

2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Those gauges look good with the blue background. I hope you get Torque pro to work.
    1989 GQ TD42 N/A.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the guages i dont mind. Just a pain that i have to reload the gauges each time i want to use the app ( read each time you exit and re renter the app). It gets tiresome.
    This is one reason I hope to have Torque Pro working as it automatically loads all that on boot. Im scanning the extended PID's as we speak and will submit the logs to the developer to see where the problem lays.
    I know he as been working on consult support and its in Beta at this stage so hopefully soon all this will be working.
    I will be trying to have a look at the log myself and see if i can get some of the PID's that work over CAN working as well.

Well my ignition timings now reset to within specs. Havent managed to take it for a drive yet though. IAC learning is also done. Lowered th idle by about 250rpm then i rechecked timing again which it needed a tiny adjustment again.

2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

Skitzyrex (4th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice setup, what was the stereo you used?
    May need to look at something like that for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its an Eonon unit. A few posts back I explained the Android units in a bit of detail. Basically most of the units are made by huifei in china. All easily upgradeable and can do pretty much anything you want.
    One thing i definitely recommend is to run an amp as the head unit sucks donkey balls in regards to output.

2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I missed that, I've run a few earlier Eonon units and they've always been good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123