User Tag List

Thread: Possible Turbo problem?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Turbo problem?

I have a RD28T patrol wagon (1998) and recently I have noticed a strange noise coming from the engine, it only appears around 2k revolutions and above which leads me to believe that it is the turbo, the noise sounds like friction off something rubber, as if something was dragging along a treadmill. I checked the pipes connected to the intercooler and they have oil coating them; I did some reading and it seems that the oil is normal without a catch can (which I do not have), I am not sure if that has anything to do with the problem. I am not noticing any power loss or any other issues other than the annoying noise, any ideas on what it could be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be a leak in a boost hose, joint or intercooler. I would definitely remove the intake pipe from the turbo and have a look and feel as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first thing to do is clean all the oil up.............

make sure you clean all the Intercooler pipes as well - inside
    have a look at your IC itself, does it have any oil around the edges of the crimping? - your IC is toast if it has, its leaking

have you checked your Fan belts?
    I know the Gates belts made funny noises on mine until I replaced them

have you has someone hold the rev's while you stand at the front and tried to pin point exactly where the noise is coming from?
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come