Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Y62 High Country dramas Queens Birthday 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't find any photos, but here's a couple screen shots of convo on Aussie 4wd tracks VIC FB page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (17th June 2016), mudski (17th June 2016), rusty00 (17th June 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha! I like the comment from Dean mac in the first screen shot. Reminds me of the noob I come across a few year back down near Sheepyards. He was in a Audi A4 AWD wagon sitting on the track just after Fry's where theres a sign saying 4WD only. I pulled up beside him and asked if he was ok. He looked well dressed, had the missus in the passenger seat all dolled up and two kids in the back. He wanted to go further up for a drive. I pointed out the sign and his response was, I have a button here I can push and it will lift my car 2inches. I laughed at him and said good luck champ and drove away.
    Some people think just because their car or 4wd is advertised as a 4wd they can go anywhere.
    Then!
    I catch up with my cousin whom I hadn't seen in probably 10 years or so. He's now married with two and him and his missus are on a combined wage of 400k p/a. We meet up at his sister 40th, the day after the donk party, I park behind his 120K Discovery. He looks at mine and says he can go anywhere mine can. Yer right.....
    Last edited by mudski; 29th June 2016 at 11:48 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (17th June 2016), Wine_maker (30th June 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No wonder people get in trouble with a mindset like that lol .
    First time I ever took my patrol (3L) off-road to mount dissa, we came across a hung up outlander. Hung up in rut by it's front and rear bumper. Going nowhere. Yes, it was an AWD.
    Foreign people, spoke very little English, and as far as I understood them, they wanted to go see Black Saturday damage ...
    We had no clue how to help them out, due to the position of the car, whichever way we pull it, there was big under-carriage damage possible.
    So every time I tried to explain what could happen, they just smiled and nodded. Anyway with a winch and some maxtrax we got it out for them no dramas, although I'll be honest I was shitting my self, really didn't want to damage this car in the process of "helping" them.

So then the next hurdle was trying to explain to them this was no place for this type of vehicle. Once again they smiled and nodded, completely clueless with what I was saying. They turned around and followed us out to a main track, and then wandered off again.
    2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    No wonder people get in trouble with a mindset like that lol .
    First time I ever took my patrol (3L) off-road to mount dissa, we came across a hung up outlander. Hung up in rut by it's front and rear bumper. Going nowhere. Yes, it was an AWD.
    Foreign people, spoke very little English, and as far as I understood them, they wanted to go see Black Saturday damage ...
    We had no clue how to help them out, due to the position of the car, whichever way we pull it, there was big under-carriage damage possible.
    So every time I tried to explain what could happen, they just smiled and nodded. Anyway with a winch and some maxtrax we got it out for them no dramas, although I'll be honest I was shitting my self, really didn't want to damage this car in the process of "helping" them.

So then the next hurdle was trying to explain to them this was no place for this type of vehicle. Once again they smiled and nodded, completely clueless with what I was saying. They turned around and followed us out to a main track, and then wandered off again.
    Thats when you have to explain to them that damage may occur if they want you to help and you the recoverer are NOT responsible.

On that same weekend I saw the Audi I took the family to Craigs hut. I think it was Monument Track we were decending. The track covered in rocks, we came across a couple in a RAV4 going down ever so slowly, their car was so low it was creating a bow wave of rocks in front of them. Lol. Atleast the rocks were helping them slow down.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just read that the Y62 in question punched a hole in his sump doing a river crossing on a rock. Had to remove it, go home, weld it up and come back and put it back on. Not a CV. Unless there was two Y62's in strife...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diffidently a CV the one we seen.
    It was driving past us, the one on Calidonia tk lost front drive.

QUOTE=mudski;684781]Just read that the Y62 in question punched a hole in his sump doing a river crossing on a rock. Had to remove it, go home, weld it up and come back and put it back on. Not a CV. Unless there was two Y62's in strife...[/QUOTE]
    2012 GU8

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Must have been two then as the hole in the sump guy is on P4x4 and was talking about it...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123