Thread: Queens Birthday Weekend Police Blitz

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Workmates best friend works for depi and lives in Mansfield. Cops even target their land cruisers etc...
    There was a lot of letters written to the local MP and council outlining people abandoning visiting to their town because of the police attitude. Loss of tourism etc... and apparently there was a response letter somebody put up on Facebook pretty much saying , no matter what car you drive be it a family sedan or 4x4 if you abide by the rules and are legal on road you have nothing to worry about .
    I'll scour my FB later and have a search for it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Which is true..
    But there's a difference between picking on over the top vehicles and being carntz
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Hodge (10th June 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So just reading on faceche someone had a catch can noted on the yellow slip...
    Catch cans not roadworthy? Thought it was illegal only when vented into atmosphere

2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    So just reading on faceche someone had a catch can noted on the yellow slip...
    Catch cans not roadworthy? Thought it was illegal only when vented into atmosphere

Na Mark has just found out from his questions for his rig that catch cans are illegal regardless..

But to my point above.. if that's what there getting to well imo that's past the line of being a carnt!!
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Rossco (10th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. SA they are legal..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

mudnut (10th June 2016), Roosim (10th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought catch cans wouldn't affect the performance of a vehicle, and if vented back into the engine, it would be beneficial to the environment.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah Brett was saying that Vic Toads bought in the ruling of catch cans years ago when all the rice burners were fitting them and just venting in the the atmosphere. Now can design has changed but the out of date ruling hasn't.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (10th June 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something else i have leanrt too Kallen. Your local state can make one rule, but if ADR says different, the local state law is rendered null and void.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Something else i have leanrt too Kallen. Your local state can make one rule, but if ADR says different, the local state law is rendered null and void.

Agree...
    Usually only becomes an issue if you get zapped interstate tho.
    Home state - doesn't comply with ADR but everyone thinks it is OK so they let it go
    Interstate - doesn't comply with ADR or the state you are travelling so you get kicked in the nuts
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just spoke to a mate of mine about 5 minutes ago, and his brother has a kitted out zook. Big lift, 32inch tyres, EFI'd Vitara motor, twin locked etc etc. ALL engineered, recently. He got pulled up by the fuzz last week not far from my place by the highway patrol. They were going to slap him with a fine and a sticker for the tyres and what ever else, he showed them the recent papers for the engineers and RWC. The copper said it means nothing and to him he's still illegal. Then my mates brother argued how in the hell is his car NOT legal when he has it engineered to be legal, plus a current RWC. He also said if you want to take it further I will see you in court and I will chase you down for my legal costs.
    After saying that copper said "I'll let you off with a warning" to him. His response was, "No! I'll let you off". Started his car and took off. Leaving the copper standing on the side of the road.
    Kinda funny that.
    I can't wait to get mine done now. Next month with any luck. Then the fuzz can lick my hairy bean bag.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I just spoke to a mate of mine about 5 minutes ago, and his brother has a kitted out zook. Big lift, 32inch tyres, EFI'd Vitara motor, twin locked etc etc. ALL engineered, recently. He got pulled up by the fuzz last week not far from my place by the highway patrol. They were going to slap him with a fine and a sticker for the tyres and what ever else, he showed them the recent papers for the engineers and RWC. The copper said it means nothing and to him he's still illegal. Then my mates brother argued how in the hell is his car NOT legal when he has it engineered to be legal, plus a current RWC. He also said if you want to take it further I will see you in court and I will chase you down for my legal costs.
    After saying that copper said "I'll let you off with a warning" to him. His response was, "No! I'll let you off". Started his car and took off. Leaving the copper standing on the side of the road.
    Kinda funny that.
    I can't wait to get mine done now. Next month with any luck. Then the fuzz can lick my hairy bean bag.
    Are you getting yours Engineers Mark? who is doing it? how big is your lift? What are you getting Engineered? Turbo? Tyres? Lift? whats it costing you? are you swerve testing or just the easy stuff?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast