Thread: Queens Birthday Weekend Police Blitz

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Tunes is not the issue here. Lift, Tyres, Turbo, GQ, 4 Wheel drive, Long weekend, Police attitude to all of the above. I would not take my GUIV anywhere either! Very sad.
    Yea totally get that..
    You can have 1000hp in a sleeper..
    But.
    33's, 3" lift and mufflers will see you smile and wave past a lot more cops than 35's and straight threw exhaust..

But yea.. where's the fun in that.

Do I need to build some trailers...???
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Yea totally get that..
    You can have 1000hp in a sleeper..
    But.
    33's, 3" lift and mufflers will see you smile and wave past a lot more cops than 35's and straight threw exhaust..

But yea.. where's the fun in that.

Do I need to build some trailers...???
    lol, not this weekend bud. 33s and a 3" lift will get you a defect. You will be waved pst none. They will ride into your campsite this weekend on XR450s and a Yellow Pad. Game Over.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (10th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, not this weekend bud. 33s and a 3" lift will get you a defect. You will be waved pst none. They will ride into your campsite this weekend on XR450s and a Yellow Pad. Game Over.
    Really that bad is it??
    I thought 33's were legal though in Vic? ?
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Really that bad is it??
    I thought 33's were legal though in Vic? ?
    they are but 3" suspension is not. and certainly not together. it is 3" combined lift so 33s and 2" spring lift is the limit. No Body lift.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are but 3" suspension is not. and certainly not together. it is 3" combined lift so 33s and 2" spring lift is the limit. No Body lift.
    Or right..
    That's still better than SA's 50mm lift and 7mm tyre increase... lol
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the sadest part is for the business owners in our High Country regions. Last year at Dargo the publicans vouched for the slowest weekend to date. KTM's galore scouring the tracks at quadruple our pace, AB & Jaysee can sticker vouch for that :-( ! Both cars were LWB very well set up, tyres yes, but we need these tools to travel safely, slowly and environmentally conscious at 20psi without skull dragging up tracks!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

AB (10th June 2016), Bacho86 (10th June 2016), BigRAWesty (10th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me sad, yes I know my GU is definitely over the top but it also is driven everywhere, around town or the bush, with care and safety for my family in mind. I have a 2 and 4 year old and my wife in it so why would I drive it dangerously? We just want to get where we are going comfortably, easily and safely. The things I see around me on the road in just one day make me more worried than everything I have ever seen off the road put together

Cheers, Danny
    .................................................. .............
    1998 GU wagon - 2.8 out - mighty 4.2 in. Locked front and rear with 4.6 ratios. 4 inch heavy duty coils. Tough dog adjustable shocks. Too much to mention and hopefully more to come.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dannyboyz For This Useful Post:

AB (10th June 2016), BigRAWesty (10th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Unfortunately the sadest part is for the business owners in our High Country regions. Last year at Dargo the publicans vouched for the slowest weekend to date. KTM's galore scouring the tracks at quadruple our pace, AB & Jaysee can sticker vouch for that :-( ! Both cars were LWB very well set up, tyres yes, but we need these tools to travel safely, slowly and environmentally conscious at 20psi without skull dragging up tracks!!
    Mark AB and I rolled into Woods Point on Australia Day weekend expecting to have to bush camp along the river due to the crowds..... Was Blown Away to find Comet Flat Camp ground completely deserted! We had it to ourselves! We went into the pub for a beer "Just because" and there was Noone there! was Crazy! We drove around for 2 days and saw only 2 or 3 cars in the area! could not believe how quiet it was. Certainly the business owners must feel that!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (10th June 2016), BigRAWesty (10th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark AB and I rolled into Woods Point on Australia Day weekend expecting to have to bush camp along the river due to the crowds..... Was Blown Away to find Comet Flat Camp ground completely deserted! We had it to ourselves! We went into the pub for a beer "Just because" and there was Noone there! was Crazy! We drove around for 2 days and saw only 2 or 3 cars in the area! could not believe how quiet it was. Certainly the business owners must feel that!
    Yeah we spoke to the lady behind the bar and she mentioned the owner bought a shipload of steaks, etc and no one was in town for the long weekend.

Very sad indeed!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Workmates best friend works for depi and lives in Mansfield. Cops even target their land cruisers etc...
    There was a lot of letters written to the local MP and council outlining people abandoning visiting to their town because of the police attitude. Loss of tourism etc... and apparently there was a response letter somebody put up on Facebook pretty much saying , no matter what car you drive be it a family sedan or 4x4 if you abide by the rules and are legal on road you have nothing to worry about .
    I'll scour my FB later and have a search for it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (10th June 2016)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast