OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Transmission coolers, what setups are people using?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transmission coolers, what setups are people using?

Looking to do this upgrade, has anyone used/seen anything particularly good on the market?

Will eventually be doing some towing through sand, just a small trailer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there is a good Q I haven't an answer for directly. I have never looked to see if the manual has ports to allow oil in and out and it certainly won't have a pump to do the job either so will need external electric. As to weather it will get that hot is another question as the motor will get hot under collar long before the box.

Then, there is the fact you maybe asking about an auto.
    Clambeard, you need to put more info into your OP otherwise you will get hamstrung answers/responses.

Auto's doing towing or heavy clugging should consider a decent cooler, if going to be doing is at low speed then fan-assisted. If you are doing it in deep mud, then consider the design of the cooler and location. I have seen them ripped off when too low or when sticks/logs puncture them. I have also seen them cake hard as a rock with mud and rendered useless in 20 minutes. These style for example work well in shitty conditions and can take a bit of a beating: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FINNED-AL...QAAOxy4XNSQmRC
    There is no legal cure for STUPID!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed (being the mother of all f*** ups) when talking about a trans cooler, people would be intelligent enough to understand that I was talking about an auto and not some obscure idea to cool a manual transmission on a road car.