Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introductions ahoy

Don't drive a patrol, yes it's a Toyota,
    little to no info over there, as those that do know don't frequent forums, where as it seams plenty of patrol with slimar mods do

I'm a do everything myself person, with pretty much the skillet and tools to do it,
    I don't do everything myself because I'm tight, I just like to know the quality and that I control the dead line,

Have 3 kids that love 4wDriving as much as I do, and we don't shy away from the challenge

I drive a 90modle hilux (had new current sharp but downgrade to sum upgrade to me as it's more me, I'm not a plastic car lover, I'm more parched to chrome bar cars)

Got the car it was a plane Jane hilux, 31" tyres and 2" lift, factory J arm steering and 4.3 3rds with 3L engine, maxed out on lift and tyres without engineered (factory 29" tyres)

I've since fited
    front
    2" drop hangers
    3" springs
    2" extended shackles
    moved diff fowards 30mm
    Crossover steering
    12" long travel shocks
    4.55 lsd centre

Rear
    3" springs
    2" extended shackles
    Rear diff pushed back 16mm
    12" long travel shocks
    4.55 lsd centre
    33" toyo O/C m/t

Future planes for the car
    Drop lift down from 7" total over stock, to 6" over stock by upping tyres size and dropping lift down, widening track, and moving front and rear axels out

The plane is
    37x12.5 tyres (4" lift)
    2" lift long travel leave spring with 2" drop hangers front
    3" lift long travel leave springs rear
    On either
    patrol diffs front and rear,
    80 series front, ifs hilux rear
    Both are 1600mm wide and came factory with 31" tyres so my stock tyre size is longer 29 and is now 31 giving me 1" of lift and 2" of tyre free when it comes to the sums of total height and lift/tyre size
    Or Trail gear 62" housing, same width as above 1600"

Down side and problem I face
    8" hilux diff and 33" tyres gives me the same clearance around the centre as L/C 9.5 and patrol with 35" tyres
    But I wish to run 37's and know I'm legal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Simplest solution.... buy a patrol.... but you do realise you'll never be legal with 35s let alone 37s

Oh and welcome aboard

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate - gonna take a lot to turn your txxx into a patrol, but keep trying.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D70 up front and rear and I'm road legal with 40's, so anything is possible,
    Considering all trucks running 11r22 are 44" there has to be ways around it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Simplest solution.... buy a patrol.... but you do realise you'll never be legal with 35s let alone 37s

Oh and welcome aboard
    X 2 and welcome to the forum.
    Have a read on what mods can now be legally done its slightly different from state to state
    You may be disappointed but I think a 50MM lift and 33"s or 285s might be all you can do
    without $$$$ to engineer anything higher, Ill find a link for you

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...lowed-what-not
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum mate. Info is info regardless if it it Nissan info or Toyota info. It is all related and you will get heaps of it here.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J_o_h_n81 View Post
    Welcome to the forum bud.
    33inch is the largest tyre you can legally go. No one will engineer anything bigger. Its the law. Only Mark's Adapters can with their Portal axles. Whom Enklmen Engineering do their work. I rany them and they flat out said no for 35's, unless you get the portal kits from Mark's.. I'm going through this right now. And get the same answer from everyone I call.
    See here... https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads/.../vsb_ncop.aspx
    Then download NCOP11Section LS steering and suspension then refer to page 76, section 4.
    Got the papers to prove this? Hang on. Whats a D70? Lol.

A truck is not a Patrol or passenger vehicle, so that doesn't count.
    Last edited by mudski; 3rd June 2016 at 03:25 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D70= Dana70's

So I have found out a heap more info
    35" tyres are flat out baned on a modified car in Victoria, marks adaptors portals included so save your 14k + fitting, VicRoads are not approving them anymore unless your car is engineered as icv
    Many new rules for Victoria came in as if 1st April

6" total lift including tyres
    33" max tyre
    2" max tyre from stock (witch doesn't require engineers but is now the biggest you can engineer over stock)

So if you car came with 29" tyres factory, 31" is the biggest you can engineer,
    Yes some engineers will approve bigger and say it's ok, you'll even get the papers excepted at VicRoads, but once they send them off to head office, your car will be recalled to be inspected and your engineeres papers that you payed for mean nothing and yep start again,

Happened to a Toyota 4 runner last week with 5 link front and 33", had to drop to 31"

Only way around it, is axle swap with a car that had factory fitted 31 or 32" tyres, if you want 33's fitted to a car with 29's factory

So I figured that fine I'll just get the biggest lift I can and engineer 31's then fit 37's when I go play,
    But was then told if you get defected and require a rwc, you now require a new engineeres cirt, as both are now only Valid for 30days unless it an icv,
    This I know because a bloke I work with has a Nissan ute, denco turbo, 6" lift 35's snorkel through bonnet and roll cage, fully engineered with papers, brought it got rwc and sent everything into VicRoads and denied, had to get reengineered, so he went back to person in Sunbury area that did it first time, everything was good but tyres he now has to run 29's
    Last edited by J_o_h_n81; 4th June 2016 at 11:10 PM.