User Tag List

Thread: Heavy duty swaybar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy duty swaybar

Hey guys, I recently received a Superpro 24mm heavy duty rear swaybar for my 2011 gu wagon. Also I got the left and right extended links from patrolapart. Only prob is the original d bush saddles are too small, do I need to get different saddles? Does the new swaybar fit in the same spot as the original? Also where the links attach to the chassis there seems to be a removable bracket, not sure if I need to remove them to mount the new longer links. Seems like the new links will hang quite low otherwise.
    2011 ST, Steel bulbar, warn winch, snorkel, arb rear bar, uhf, dual batteries, on board compressor, 2" OME suspension

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are the new links adjustable? Did you specify how much lift you had when buying the links? I'm have a 24mm rear seat bay, it's awesome. You should be setting your link length so the arms of the sway bar are flat and horizontal.

Sorry I can't remember about the saddles. I thinkminecame with appropriate bushes to fit the existing saddles.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Dougy (26th May 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are adjustable links, supposed to fit a 2" to 8" lift. Mines 2". I was gonna use them on the shortest setting hence having a 2 inch lift. I'm gonna ring them today anyway as the swaybar is the wrong one I think, as it's a different shape to the original and it's going to touch the diff housing. Think I will have to remove the extended link brackets on the chassis for the new longer links as the swaybar will angle down a fair way instead of being horizontal.
    2011 ST, Steel bulbar, warn winch, snorkel, arb rear bar, uhf, dual batteries, on board compressor, 2" OME suspension

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    They are adjustable links, supposed to fit a 2" to 8" lift. Mines 2". I was gonna use them on the shortest setting hence having a 2 inch lift. I'm gonna ring them today anyway as the swaybar is the wrong one I think, as it's a different shape to the original and it's going to touch the diff housing. Think I will have to remove the extended link brackets on the chassis for the new longer links as the swaybar will angle down a fair way instead of being horizontal.
    Doesn't sound right to me. Hit them up for the bushes too mate. I am positive I got the bushes, I must have! Must fit in the factory saddles I think.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rang them and yep they sent wrong one, the new one should fit with original saddles. Just have to wait till it gets here!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    You may even have to trim the thread to length to suit your lift height.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk