User Tag List

Thread: UHF Programming

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UHF Programming

I was given a TYT9000D UHF/HAM radio it needs to be programmed I was wondering if anyone here knows how to or knows someone
    who is able to program it in the Melbourne area.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/1811...pid=107&chn=ps

Thanks In Advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First off I have to say that the set is totally illegal to own or use in Oz.
    Second I have to say I have and use a similar set but from a different manuf so I don't care if you don't.

I suggest that you either download the software from here even if you just put it on a thumb drive http://www.tyt888.com/download.html

or

buy a cable and software here http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_f...mming&_sacat=0

That way if you find someone they won't have to getting a cable or software to do the favour for you
    Last edited by the evil twin; 22nd May 2016 at 11:18 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the usual advice when I see these eBay cheapies, be very careful how you use it and where.

The radio is not legal as ET said, not certified and power is very high. Certainly not for CB with the 5W limit. Please don't be a dick and think having more than 5W is awesome.

The quality of the radio is crap like any of the other shit under this brand and variants of, if you want CB, buy a CB radio. If you want anything else, you will need or should have a license and get your radio programmed properly to suit. Mind you, any business caught programming illegal radios stand to lose their business.

P.S Wrong Forum too. Don't stress, I keep loosing it as it is buried under/inside obscure other forums!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Communication
    Last edited by LostBenji; 23rd May 2016 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totally agree ^^^

There should be an option in the programming or on the set for low power IE 5 watts... use it!!!
    Most will have 3 options lo, mid, hi.
    On a 25 watt set that is usually 5, 10 and 25 but I have not seen a 50 watt set so they may not have lower than say 10

If you can't do 5 watts then I would not use the set.

I should have mentioned that mine is programmed for 5 watts on the CB freq's for general use.
    I mainly have mine so I only need one set for C.B. and some other licenced channels that I have legit access.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the legalities and knew them before I got the unit.
    The radios can be purchased legitimately in Aus(not ebay) and from the research I''ve done they are actually a decent bit of equipment as in bang for buck.

I got the unit as a whole with cable and software.

Its more a matter of having a downloadable frequency file or a frequency clone file.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSRT.Beast View Post
    The radios can be purchased legitimately in Aus(not ebay) and from the research I''ve done they are actually a decent bit of equipment as in bang for buck.

I got the unit as a whole with cable and software.

Its more a matter of having a downloadable frequency file or a frequency clone file.
    Yes you can get TYT in Oz as well as a heap of others eg my preferred brand for Chinee Cheepie is Wouxun.
    But... it comes down to specific models
    Any model that can transmit on UHF CB (477 band) is illegal which is why they are limited to the Ham freq's.

Anyway, if you have a legal set then any dealer/shop will happily proggy the set for you.

I'd be happy to help but I am a "Wouxun dude".
    You could maybe try a CB forum but I wouldn't go near a Ham forum (well, and aussie one at least)... they will most likely tear ya a new one.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSRT.Beast View Post
    No, not correct. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Yes you can get TYT in Oz as well as a heap of others eg my preferred brand for Chinee Cheepie is Wouxun.
    But... it comes down to specific models
    Any model that can transmit on UHF CB (477 band) is illegal which is why they are limited to the Ham freq's.
    For a radio to be legally sold and used here in Oz, it must have a C-tick, CE approved or paperwork to see it has been emissions tested to AS specs. If the radio is missing these, then no, not legal.
    I used to have people come in the shop all the time with cheap, Chinese shit, not worth my time on them.

If the radio is approved for sale in Oz, then it can be set to CB 80ch. as long as it is limited to 5W. Any power level above it means you become a tool who will end-up talking over others as your power travels a lot further and they can't get back to you. All too common with bloody road pilot vehicles, here them 50+ k's away, they can't here calling them back. Details noted and reported to ACMA when I get home.

If you have licensed bands (you have the ACMA license in your name) then you can have them up to your licensed power (usually 25W) as long as CB stays @ 5W with 12.5KHz channel spacing (6.25KHz Deviation). If you work for a company who owns the frequency license, then you need written permission before programming into your radio with TX enabled. RX only doesn't matter what you put in.

Stay out of and away from Amateur bands, we Hams can find pirates on these bands quicker than anyone else.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hiya LostBenji...

I interpreted Beasty means TYT is legal as a brand not that particular model.
    As you would be aware, one can get the Ham and Commercial variants made by TYT, Wouxun, Baofeng etc legally thru quite a few Dealers, Andrews would be the biggest I s'pose.
    To me it looks like the 'U' variant of the 9000 is Ok in OZ but the 'D' can't be AFAIK.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

BSRT.Beast (23rd May 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I checked the radio linked, no certification.

A good rule of thumb, good radios cost money. I have seen and used all the brands you just mentioned, all same, open front-ends that are not very selective, deviation usually wide and poorly controlled. Power outputs normally exaggerated.

I think BSRT gets the drift as you do. Ah well, time to go listen to my turbo whine.
    There is no legal cure for STUPID!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LostBenji For This Useful Post:

BSRT.Beast (23rd May 2016), the evil twin (23rd May 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was Andrews comms in Sydney were selling this exact radio a few months ago .... either way its what I've got at the moment.
    and Ive sourced the info I needed from a guy who uses one in his truck.

For the type of Radio and for what I paid $0 I'm happy. Would much rather a icom but as a poor ass pensioner doing a rebuild we take what we can get.

I've been around radios for over 30 years so I know how to be responsible especially around stuff that errrs on the wrong side of things.

All good never hurts to ask a question.

Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BSRT.Beast For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (23rd May 2016)