Thread: Rear draws

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are good value for money out of the box, bolt on, drive away. They feel good and seem like a good solid production line riveted together units. How long will they last, and how long will the draw bearings last? Time will tell.
    The only thing I don't like, and do not use is the built in fridge slide.
    Other than that, for what they are in $. Seriously, it is a no brainer...
    2005 TD42TI

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

katwoman (30th July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah yes. I did check all the fasteners, I only had a couple of the cross brace screws that were a little loose, all the bearings were great. Good to hear about that latch, I am pretty impressed overall
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what dont you like about the fridge slide Hodge? I will be "cutting" holes in mine for the Engel feet, but apart from that, it looks pretty solid. Like I said earlier, they are built every bit as well as my Black Widow drawers that I have in another vehicle. cheers Lana
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shantillylais View Post
    what dont you like about the fridge slide Hodge? I will be "cutting" holes in mine for the Engel feet, but apart from that, it looks pretty solid. Like I said earlier, they are built every bit as well as my Black Widow drawers that I have in another vehicle. cheers Lana
    Hey Lana.
    First and not really a "bad" thing but still annoying me is. The slide is super tight in mine as well as another mates that i've noticed. I have to brace my foot against the car and then yank it out to be able to slide it out.
    Not really a big deal, but would be nice if it was a nice gliding action. Once again, I don't expect too much for what they're worth. They really are a great set per-dollar.

The second thing I HATE about the fridge slide is if you have things sitting on the right hand side for example. On top of the draws. You pull the fridge slide out, and everything falls into the draw/gap/hole that the slide leaves behind.... Annoying.

For me it was a no brainer. I bolted my ARB fridge slide onto the "existing" fridge slide. Issue fixed.
    2005 TD42TI

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

katwoman (30th July 2017), shantillylais (30th July 2017)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And I forgot to add... With my ARB slide on top, I get to have a double slide-out! Fridge comes out further. Not that I'd use it often and/or trust the Titan slide to hold the weight all the way out.
    2005 TD42TI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (30th July 2017)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hodge that is a good point about the hole and things falling into it. I agree about how tight they are too, but I thought that was because it is new. Might need a barrier mod to stop those things falling in the hole when touring. This is the first time I have had a side by side drawer system, and had not even considered that. Primarily my installation is for day to day storage so I dont have to take important stuff out of the car for the next daily interest, ie golf, fishing. cheers Lana
    Last edited by shantillylais; 30th July 2017 at 08:32 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shantillylais For This Useful Post:

Hodge (30th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide on mine is about right but I like Hodges setup with the ARB slide which I was wondering what to do with it .
    There is no real spare room at the back of the fridge because of the cargo barrier and I've put an extra fan behind the fridge , above it on the cargo barrier is a 3000 watt inverter , because I run two agm spare battery's the third one lives on the left side of the fridge but I've put a spacer under it so it doesn't interfere with the slide .
    Most of the electrics are on this side also which only leaves enough room for a tote bag , Next to the fridge also packed up is a sliding utility box and behind that against the cargo barrier is a double thumper air compressor which is fixed .
    Above the Plano box is a shelf for awning mesh tent and a mesh floor for it .
    Right side of cargo area is used for chairs and compressor hose and fittings .
    Draw under fridge slide is divided into three by the use of plastic storage draws , the two front ones accessible but the back one is used for extra or emergency food .

IMG_7283.JPGIMG_7285.JPGIMG_7286.JPGIMG_7281.JPG

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Hodge (30th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Installed my Titan on the week end. For the price (think I paid $350) couldn't be happier. Had to trim up some of the fluff on the wings as was very tight. I also made up some spacers to put under the fixing points to the floor of the gu so that there was a solid connection. I am going to modify it a bit more as well as when my DCM rear dinner door arrives, i am probably going to have to cut a bit off the top panel on the right hand side and shorten the wing a bit to be able to close the rear barn door. I am also going strengthen up the cross bars that the right side lid is on as I am installing a clearview es 220 on top of that side.
    2006 GU IV TD42TI 19X XXXkm,Turbosmart Turbo tuned(14psi),Boost gauge,K&N Airfilter,305/70r/17 Maxxis Bighorn,5" 45mm Adjust T D Sus,3" Exhaust ,JVC CD/DVD with Polk Audio,Warn XD9000 Winch,ARB Air Compressor, Chassis Rock Sliders,Dual Batteries,w/- IBS Battery Monitor System, Rhino Alloy Roof Rack. Mods to come, rear bar, new exhaust, rear drawers ect

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, paid a bit more than blokes above back then for earlier Titan drawer deals to our budget needed. They've unexpectedly held up extremely well. 80L Waeco F/F just fits on the drivers side with its Waeco slimline slide and we use the Titan slide as a bench/table. . Careful of positioning bigger fridges in our trucks, their handles can miss windows by only cm's so may I please suggest temporary wood/tek type screw tests first before final bolt down:-) Overall weight of these drawers is an issue at 80kg+ I believe so touring with them and a family of four will be a no go for us unfortunately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (31st July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember if I put the ARB 60 litre fridge in for a test after putting the drawers in or not , getting rid of all the rear seats helped me to counter the weight .
    That fridge in your pic has the same cheap arse connection that came with the ARB fridge and the evakool , the ARB one was getting that hot at the plug it shite itself in Broome , bought the heavier engel knock off that ARB fridges have now .
    The Evakool I have converted to Anderson plug and wish I had of done the same to the ARB .

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

MB (31st July 2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast