Thread: Rear draws

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear draws

G'day all, has anyone purchased the Titan rear draws from the 4wd Supacentre, i see that they are really cheap atm,
    Are they any good,
    Cheers Tonks.
    2004 GU111 4.2 TURBO WAGON, 2" OME SUSPENSION, 33" MTZ's, 3" BEAUDESERT EXHAUST, ARB ROOF RACK, ARB AWNING, BLACK WIDOW DRAW SYSTEM & CARGO BARRIER, DUAL BATTERIES, 12,000lb WINCH, GME UHF, LIGHT FORCE XGT SPOTTIES, BERRIMA DIESEL TUNE.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There a bit heavy @80kgs but a good system easy to fit why pay more
    for the same thing else where

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

Tonks (18th May 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mudski has them they are rally good in contrast to all the other rubbish they sell. Mine are arriving in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (18th May 2016), Tonks (18th May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear draws

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Mudski has them they are rally good in contrast to all the other rubbish they sell. Mine are arriving in a few weeks.

Hodge what are you going to do for the fridge slide? That's the only part I thought looked below average on them... Think Mudski had a drop down or seperate slide from memory?
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Hodge what are you going to do for the fridge slide? That's the only part I thought looked below average on them... Think Mudski had a drop down or seperate slide from memory?
    I actually rang Mark to ask him that exact question . I was wondering how solid that top board / fridge slide is. And he was very happy with his with his fridge on. Very sturdy apparently.
    Otherwise I was going to transfer my arb slide from my current setup on top of the draws if the slide out board wasn't up to the task.

2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I actually rang Mark to ask him that exact question . I was wondering how solid that top board / fridge slide is. And he was very happy with his with his fridge on. Very sturdy apparently.
    Otherwise I was going to transfer my arb slide from my current setup on top of the draws if the slide out board wasn't up to the task.

That's good then, must've had him mixed up with someone else.

If you're happy with the fridge slide on the draws and want to get rid of your ARB fridge slide let me know, I'd be keen to buy if off you
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    That's good then, must've had him mixed up with someone else.

If you're happy with the fridge slide on the draws and want to get rid of your ARB fridge slide let me know, I'd be keen to buy if off you
    I'll be off loading my whole rear compartment and / or the arb fridge slide in a few weeks so I'll let you know.
    Supercentre keep postponing delivery dates so who knows when I'll get the draws.

2005 TD42TI

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (18th May 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tonks
    They are a great item -

Had a good look at em in the outlet on display installed in their green patrol, they feel strong as buggery and definately do the job. They are very heavily built and add about 80kg empty when installed not sure if that would be an issue for some.

cheers
    Last edited by Dan02; 18th June 2016 at 07:12 PM.
    2001 Patrol 4.2TD manual 2" lift; Beaudesert 3" Exhaust

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just installed a set, and yes they are heavy. By comparison, I have black widow ones in my Triton, and these are every bit as well made, with the exception perhaps of a few sharp edges. I have to say, that at about $1000 saving, its a small complaint
    With regard the fridge slide, it has a front steel brace front and rear under the base board. I probably will strengthen the slide lock, its a bit light on.
    My only concern is the way the side wings fit across the jack and wheel tool "port" is. Either I will somehow modify that access or have to relocate the jack etc.
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shantillylais View Post
    I have just installed a set, and yes they are heavy. By comparison, I have black widow ones in my Triton, and these are every bit as well made, with the exception perhaps of a few sharp edges. I have to say, that at about $1000 saving, its a small complaint
    With regard the fridge slide, it has a front steel brace front and rear under the base board. I probably will strengthen the slide lock, its a bit light on.
    My only concern is the way the side wings fit across the jack and wheel tool "port" is. Either I will somehow modify that access or have to relocate the jack etc.
    I hope you checked all the bearing bolts , before the install or you may find one or two falling off .
    Slide latch looks cheap is cheap but is remarkably strong , mine has survived Wonnangatta, big red and most of the major tracks around the corner country and I'm still waiting for it to break .
    As for the jack , in the GQ mine is still in its original spot but I've put wiring and switches on that side so put in a strip of Bunnings garden edging to hide the hole left when you take the jack cover off , I'm dreading the first time I need the jack but tested it out and I can get at it , might relocate it if it's a bugger to get out .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

shantillylais (30th July 2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast