Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intercooler fan? and pto vs elec for $

Hey team.
    Two questions firstly was talking to someone who told me that got some really positive results with an intercooler fan, has anyone got one who can confirm this? Is it worth it cooling vs battery drain etc.

Also need to get a new winch wanted a pto but looking $1000 second hand here in NZ and looking $800 for a good new elec with warranty etc. What would you guys reccomend at those prices I have never used a pto personally but like the sound of them.

Cheers Hugh
    Last edited by Trenny; 11th May 2016 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello mate.
    Can't answer the fan question. My intercooler with a fan will be fitted shortly and will be interesting to see what the fan does.

As for the winch. For around or under $800, you cannot go past Runva.
    http://www.runvawinch.com.au/
    2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sweet I won't get the chance to install one on mine for at least a couple of weeks so let me know how it goes.

Sweet so definitely rate electric over the pto? was going to go Runva or Warn of I could find a good one.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenny View Post
    Oh sweet I won't get the chance to install one on mine for at least a couple of weeks so let me know how it goes.

Sweet so definitely rate electric over the pto? was going to go Runva or Warn of I could find a good one.
    I don't know the cons and pros of electric vs. pto, but yeah Runva seems to be the best value for $ going around.
    They do PTO as well I think.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just upgraded my intercooler, top of the line ARE Unit but with no fan, and the improvement is fantastic. It is like i have 2/3 of an extra gear ... pulls up hills that I would have had to change down on, and cruises effortlessly.

Weather hasn't got above 25 degrees since I put the new intercooler on, so I can't comment on the difference in hotter weather, but I notice it right through the rev range.

I am going to monitor it through next summer, and install a fan if i need to, but at this stage, signs are good.

Electric Winch for me, but I have never owned a PTO Winch, so I don't want to comment on their effectiveness too much with the exception of the fact that my father-in-law had one on his Cruiser Tray on the farm and it worked well enough there but that was fairly flat ground with not too many areas to submerge the truck. PTO winches don't work as well when the engine isn't running in the middle of a huge bog hole or river crossing.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

clawrence (11th May 2016)