Page 10 of 108 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking and or baking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife has been eating low cholesterol meals for two weeks after being diagnosed with high cholesterol, you know lettuce with lettuce etc even some stuff called fish .
    So tonight I made a curried snag casserole / stew type thing , boiled the snags first and skinned and gutted them added heaps of veg and could have sworn her recipe book said two tablespoon full of curry powder (teaspoon) anyway had taste bit light on so added some more .
    Turned out ok I thought but the missus queried the excessive curry and subsequent heat .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (2nd May 2017), MB (1st May 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush Ranger View Post
    Cooked up a soup to night, I wanted to eat some chunky veg to night, as that`s the style of soup I like.
    Heaps of goodness in that pot, well done BR, can nearly taste it I wish mate :-) !!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (2nd May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,022 Times in 3,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush Ranger View Post
    Cooked up a soup to night, using a ham on the leg bone bone and a pork roast leg bone that I boned out. I didn`t want to waste the meat that was left on the bones and I was thinking of smoking them for more flavour before using them. Turned out better than I thought it would and now looking for another bone in ham for the next soup. I was scratching for veges to put in to the soup, but managed a quarter of a turnip which weighed 1.3 Kg, a couple of large juicing carrots, 1/5th of a pumpkin, silverbeet / rainbow chard because I hadn`t any celery left in the freezer, 200g of home grown purple capsicum and long lime green capsicum, an onion, three spuds, 1/3rd packet of frozen green peas, half packet each of yellow split peas / pearl barley and black eyed beans. I used just over 5 litres of water to cover the ingredients. Not my usual method of making a soup, but I wanted to eat some chunky veg to night, as that`s the style of soup I like.
    Yumm!!! I'm starving now!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (2nd May 2017), MB (1st May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (6th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pickled some lime green capsicum, 4 Cayenne chilis, a tea spoon of peppercorns and let it sit for a couple of months. GF wanted to know when I was going to use them, so I thought I`d put 4 tea spoons in Monday nights dinner of boiled veges that we add a cup a soup too for a bit of flavour. I put about the same amount of pickling liquid in (pickling liquid had taken on the heat from the Cayenne chilis) and the gf couldn`t eat her share, as it was too hot for her. Usually when she says that, it`s usually on the tame side for me and I gave it a go. Well I felt a bit of warmth on my lips and after half a bowl, I could feel a bit of heat on the gums, so it was on the hot side a little bit and I was asked what I was going to do with the remainder. I thought what a good reason to make some chutney with it, but make a bit more to calm the heat down a bit.

PS. Can some one move the COOKING AND OR BAKING from GENERAL CHAT to FOOD & COOKING that is in the GREAT OUTDOORS please. Thought it be more suited there in that area, many thanks.
    Last edited by Bush Ranger; 2nd June 2017 at 07:14 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

MB (11th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $2 Garage Sale 20" long cheapo tongs with their end tips cut off :-) ! So simple, makes the perfect snag rotating end and kids can easily pick their own spuds out of the fire with safe grip :-) Seemingly useless post again but well worth a crack folks, lol ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (14th June 2017), Rossco (12th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cooked up a batch of Tiger Prawns that I bought for $16 / Kg. I don`t like prawns, until I go fishing and the gf made her self a prawn harmonica with tartare sauce. Wish I could eat prawns like I do with red meat.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a couple of pork leg roasts from Aldi for $4 / Kg earlier on in the week and ended up boning out the meat. I had a few wood chips lying around and thought I`d crank up the hooded gas BBQ. I put nine heat beads on to the volcanic rocks in various positions, turned the gas on to fire up the heat beads and placed the wood chips in to an old biscuit tin, then placed that on to 4 heat beads to help the chips to burn / smoulder away. The bones turned out quite well after a few hours of smoke and a bit of heat. I couldn`t resist to get the old enamel billy can out to make a pot of soup, while those heat beads were still throwing off heat. All I had, apart from the bones, was a big juicing carrot, two spuds, a stick of celery, broccoli, cauliflower, two onions, 1/3 pkt of red lentils, 1/3 pkt of black eyed beans and 1/4 pkt of pearl barley. Turned out better than I thought it was going to. First time I`ve tried smoking pork bones, let alone any thing else.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

Avo (22nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have been having great success with our spun steel camp oven. Baked spuds, roast veggies , rice balls & a Lemon teacake birthday cake complete with a bush candle.

IMG_8803.jpg IMG_8809.jpg

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Avo (22nd July 2017), Bob (23rd July 2017), Bush Ranger (23rd July 2017), GQtdauto (22nd July 2017), gubigfish (23rd July 2017), jack (22nd July 2017), Touses (24th July 2017), TPC (22nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    love the candle cuppa
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Page 10 of 108 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast