Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 7,022 Times in 3,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Simple pleasures for simple people. Tonight: Jaffle night

Recently sought and bought a round jaffle iron. Haven't had one for many years so thought time to cook round sandwich pies again!

Of course the first firing of this iron has to be with the all-time champion of cheap camp cooking.....the master of gut disaster.....the legend ingredient of first time campers and cheapskate gourmands worldwide.....Braised Steak and Onion (aka Human Dogfood)!

So here's tonight's lineup:

IMG_0504.JPG

I'm normally a wholemeal or multigrain type of guy, but hey, if we're going down to the level of Braised Steak and Onion jaffles then it's gotta be white bread.

First jaffle: Bit of cheese, bit of dogfood (I mean Braised Steak and Onion), a bit of cheese and close it up.

IMG_0507.JPG

On the heat for a bit, flip. Bit longer, flip. Bit longer again, flip. Bit longer OK should be good to crack it open. Looks good!

IMG_0510.JPG

Meaty, cheesy, processed canned food goodness going down! PS I was reliably informed this jaffle looked like a dog shit sandwich, but hey not everybody knows a good thing when they see it!! haha Jeez it tasted good!

IMG_0513.JPG

Next jaffle, let's try it with wraps. Never done them this way before, could be on a winner.

IMG_0512.JPG

Cood, flip, cook (spew out) flip, cook (smoke) flip, cook (stink) right let's get this off! Open it up......underwhelming.

IMG_0514.JPG

Don't worry about trying it with wraps, they taste ordinary, burn easily and don't seal the jaffle. But ate it anyway of course!

IMG_0516.JPG

Anyway now I'm sitting here with a gut full of Braised Steak and Onion Jaffles. Have had worse nights in my life!!
    Last edited by Plasnart; 15th May 2022 at 07:41 PM.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th May 2022), BrazilianY60 (7th August 2022), Cremulator (15th May 2022), jack (16th May 2022), jay see (15th May 2022), MB (22nd May 2022), Rossco (15th May 2022), Touses (16th May 2022), Winnie (15th May 2022)