Thread: Adventures of the Wizard Ute

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you are exploring some good country,

What route did you take from the red centre to the coast. (I have a simlar route in mind fo our first trip when we get away. Gary Junction Rd/CSR/Talawana Track/Mt AugustusNP/Kennedy Ranges/Carnarvon).

I'm guessing the blowholes are at Quobba near Carnarvon?

Tell me you didn't miss Karijini en route to the Kimberley.

Safe Travels,
    Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cuppa

From Alice to Warburton to Carnarvon via Heather and Gunbarrel through Gascoyne Junction. Saw Kennedy ranges during Gascoyne Junction stay. I will sit down one day and work out how much dirt road travel.
    A bit of R & R at Katherine while I wait for a mate to join the rest of the trip in the NT.
    So far I have broken the whip bit of aerial on bullbar, headlight protector, a large chip in windscreen, rear number plate has disappeared (perhaps stolen in Kununurra), bracket holding left rear tail light assembly and last exhaust hanger. Fencing wire is a marvelous invention. I had stopped 2 vehicles on Bungle Bungles road to tell them their front number plate was about to fall off and then my back one probable fell off on bitumen north of Halls Creek.
    The Gibb River road is not to bad although busy towards the eastern end where the granite road base is quite sharp. A truck driver in Derby told me to pump up the tryes once on the granite otherwise the side walls would be cut. Good advice as so far I have only picked up a nail at Kununurra for a $35 repair. Bridgestone want $380 a tyre for the 697's in LT265/75X16 which cost $240 in Hervey Bay. Had to replace 2nd battery in Kununurra- $485 which is probably about $200 more than at home.
    Road up to Mitchell Falls is not to flash with a lot of corrugations and after turn off to the falls, a lot of slow work because of rocky outcrops. I thought the road out 2 days later was not as bad as way in. Another driver agreed.
    About to rain so better get n side.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard52 For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (13th July 2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123