Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current SA Outback Road conditions

This may be a useful link for people.

http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/OutbackRoads
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chubba For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (20th April 2016), Roosim (20th April 2016), Touses (20th April 2016), TPC (20th April 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have used this a lot with past trips.
    This is what the Birdsville Track looked like in 2010 when we were returning from the Simpson, it has been closed and just re-opened.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (20th April 2016), gaddy (20th April 2016), MudRunnerTD (20th April 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Have used this a lot with past trips.
    This is what the Birdsville Track looked like in 2010 when we were returning from the Simpson, it has been closed and just re-opened.

Funny! You and i spent a lot of time close by each other mate!! I did my first Central Australia trip in September 2010 in the middle of that too. It was Crazy!! I was towing the Camper and the RD to Mt Dare was pretty Intense. i was travelling with Naomi and Zach as a single vehicle! i then travelled the Ghan Heritage Trail alone which was pretty nuts too. I tried to tell AB and Winnie about that when we were heading into Dalhousie for the Meetup in the Middle, hard to imagine that much water just laying.

There would be 100s of metre of water and ruts in front! Head long into it. The Khumo KL71s were Un-Farking-Believable!!

On the way home from the Madigan Trip it starting raining when i was on the Birdsville Track and OMG! I know why they close them! a couple of mm of rain and its a Skid pan! crack the top and you create Ruts and loose traction. you can see the mess you guys are in in those ruts from a few vehicles. Crazy stuff.

Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 20th April 2016 at 12:51 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Touses (20th April 2016), TPC (20th April 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rain hit us when we were on the Binns track in 2010 and it was near impossible to drive on but we had no choice as there was no place to stop and set up camp as the whole area was like a lake. Have a video of a mates Patrol loosing control several times, will find it and post it.