Thread: RD28 hydraulic lifters

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RD28 hydraulic lifters

Hi all ,first up I am very new to all this but thank you all for the big welcome
    My first post was about the problem I was having chasing up new hydraulic lifters for my Y60 1997 GQ RD28.
    I have had a hell of a time trying to get and find the ones I need, all RD28 lifters are 26mm high but my ones I need are 26.8 high does not sound like much but all the lifters I have been given or got hold of are 26mm high, I have spoken to count less cylinder head shops , parts shops, ect and have come up empty handed .I have been intouch with Nissan and have got a part number but does not help anyone ,can get them from Nissan but is a 3 to 4 week wait and $1800.00.
    Long story short and after weeks of looking I have found what I need , it turns out that the engine in my patrol is the japan engine used in the patrol GR Y60A, Nissan Almera, Laurel and the Primera none of them the Australia engine.
    So if any one has this problem or hear of it you need the lifter type 13231-40L05 and will have to order them out of japan ,it has only been the place I could find them or get them at a cost of $50.00 each with $12.00 postage.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forum. This bloke was having issues with his RD lifters as well.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...raulic+lifters

I don't know if the thread has any info that may help you though.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.