Thread: Indicator Stalk Wiring

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indicator Stalk Wiring

Hey all, recently had my Nissan Safari stolen outside of Hobart in early March but found and returned luckily by the coppers next day. Very fortunate. I had removed the indicator stalk the night before to clean the contacts because the headlights would go on at random times and drain the batteries.

Because I had removed the indicator/headlight stalk the criminals must have cut the female connector end of the wiring to hot wire the headlights. A guy at supercheap recommended just getting individual connector plugs to wire each individual wire back to the indicator stalk so that I wouldn't have to spend $120 on a new stalk (which I'm pretty sure wouldn't include the multi-connector end anyways)

Does anyone out there have a wiring diagram I can use to link up the individual wires to their correct positions on the indicator stalk male end?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by soublier; 4th April 2016 at 01:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you don't get an answer here I suggest you send yendor a pm. Lucky you got it back mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your very lucky you got it back.

I don't have a wiring diagram for the Safaris. Here's one for the GQ, hopefully it will be the same.

The wire colours are stated as letters in the middle of straight lines. Fo example G/B would be a Green wire with a Black trace.

Hope this helps.

Comb. Sw.png

Headlight wiring diagram GQ.jpg

Headlight switch connector.png

Indicator connector.jpg

Wire colour code.jpg

Cheers Rodney

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

soublier (7th April 2016)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yendor you are a legend! Thanks so much! The diagrams in combination with a photo send from my main man Charlie at the salvage yard in Glenorchy of a Patrol GQ indicator stalk wiring got me through the project! A couple of new 10a fuses later and help from another forum to decipher the Japanese on the fuse box and she is sparkling again!

Cheers all! So stoked to have the old girl (off)road ready again Today would be one month since she was taken from us

V__6187.jpgWP_20160407_15_24_09_Pro.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to soublier For This Useful Post:

Yendor (21st April 2016)