Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easter 2016 Trip Report

Hi All,
    Well that will be a trip to remember! 4 days, 1100 kilometers through some great scenery & a few surprises along the way. Not all went to plan, but a great trip all the same.

Day 1, Home to Mary`s View, Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. 13 hours travel with stops. 230 km of tar, 93 km of rough dirt tracks.

Day 2, Mary`s View to the Blowhole, Boonanghi Forest - the trip went downhill (literally!) & nearly didn't get back up. Another 13 hours & 250 km of driving (only 25 km of tar) including some tracks in the dark, finally finding a camp at 10:00 pm!

Day 3, From the coast near Kempsey to The Pub with no Beer (but luckily that they had some - needed one after the mornings adventure!). A case of vertigo (not me) & trying to find a campsite during Easter. 10 hours & only 212 km for the day, mostly dirt.

Day 4, Pretty easy run home on the Highway, we had all had enough of the winding, steep, dusty roads by then.

I have put the full Trip Report up on my website, it`s a bit long winded but I have put in a fair amount of detail & photos of the trip. Here is the link if anyone wants to have a look.

Day one (link at bottom of each webpage to the next day)

I will post a couple of Video`s on Youtube over the weekend & post the links on the forum.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I know I did. The Patrol ran well all weekend, no problems at all. Already started planning for the June long weekend..........
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

AB (31st March 2016), Chubba (31st March 2016), growler2058 (31st March 2016), katwoman (1st April 2016), MudRunnerTD (31st March 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (31st March 2016), Sir Roofy (31st March 2016), Touses (1st April 2016)