User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Show us handy tools in yor box

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Snap-On are so expensive because in the US there is a "movement" who actually hunt down broken and worn out Snap-On tools so they can get them traded for new ones. Someone has to pay for these clowns and is usually the honest customer.

Sidchrome and Kinchrome can get away with an unconditional guarantee here because most of us don't bother taking them back. I have broken heaps of Kinchrome and never bothered to take them back, Ive always seen it as an opportunity to replace that tool with something decent!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AGman For This Useful Post:

Kimbo63 (1st April 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AGman View Post
    I think Snap-On are so expensive because in the US there is a "movement" who actually hunt down broken and worn out Snap-On tools so they can get them traded for new ones. Someone has to pay for these clowns and is usually the honest customer.
    I have heard of people that do the same with Tupperware.
    Graham

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite tool at the moment. Dunno how I ever managed without it.

My new favourite tool - impact driver - Version 2.jpg

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Kimbo63 (1st April 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    No doubt you have never had to cable tie a loom the length of a Boeing 383
    Thats about 80mtrs of wire loom and with a cable tie required every 30mm
    a cable tie tool will do each cable tie the same pressure, and cut off neatly. Its the cut off bit
    I hate most,, lost count the amount of times Ive cut the back of my hand because of tags ends
    being cut with side cutters or plyers and on an angle. engine bays mainly
    Some call it Cessna rash, comes up better with a bit of Skydrol (non flammable hydraulic oil that burns skin on contact).
    Flush cut Lindstrom side cutters do a great job on cable ties, more flush than the gun.
    I have to tie a new loom into a thrust reverser, teflon insulated nickel plated wire , heat resistant tying lace & clove hitches (no cable ties), covered in Skydrol hours of fun.
    Graham

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GeeYou8 For This Useful Post:

Kimbo63 (1st April 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another handy tool test light with built in volt meter
    image.jpeg
    98 GU ST wagon 6.5TD chev 5 speed manual dual batteries storage drawers big red air compressor 9L tank millweld front and rear bars millweld 4" snorkel 4" air box 3" tough dog suspension lift drop box and hybrid radius arms 12000Lb winch ARB front air locker Alpine MP3 player amp and a good set of speakers GME 2 way The list goes on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345