Threaded View

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GazQ's Custom Cargo Barrier less than $200

So I've been wanting to build a barrier for a while. Now that the wife is eating for two its high time i got serious. I already have a drawer storage unit installed and directly in front of that I have a spare battery. Hence the batt sized cut out at the bottom.

Looking for some advice as I haven't started welding yet.

12071753_10207248223857739_1346856115_n.jpg
    12233185_10207248223937741_1000843419_n.jpg
    The two strips of flat iron at the bottom will have holes and each square will get a wood screw that sinks into the storage drawer system.

The angled corners will have custom flat iron T section bracket on the end with pop rivets that then have an Z bend in them before terminating at the rear roof corner where most barriers mount. I believe this is so the in the event of an accident it will bend instead of ripping out of the mounts. I dont know what was there previously( grab bars?), but I've got the holes. Hoping this will be steady enough.

Also the left and right supports will have a couple of holes at the bottom and also be sunk into the wooden drawer system.

Any other suggestions or tips? Do I require any additional reinforcement through the middle or thirds?

Mostly to keep big soft bulky items from coming forward. I do have a set of solar panels that are around 15ks which is the biggest thing in the rear.

Thanks,

-GazQ
    Last edited by gazq; 2nd April 2016 at 05:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazq For This Useful Post:

Clunk (26th March 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (25th March 2016)