Thread: 12v power for the Kids in the back

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah the standard 12v jack is a 2.1amp or a 1amp. That say the iPhone needs 1amp and the iPod needs 2.1amp. If you charge an iPhone on a 2.1amp charger it's like a fast charger. The iPad will maintain charge on the 2.1amp port if it is in use.

I ran hema maps on my iPad for the Simpson trip. It maintained charge and recharged on the 2.1 but took most of the day to climb back up when I drained it.

Each door got a 2.1 amp and1amp port so should handle the job. I was a little concerned with the load but Rodney was confident it would be fine. Happy days.
    Yeah my ipad does the same when plugged into my CD player. If in use and plugged in, in a full day will gain about 10% charge. I just make sure it is charged before I leave home and then it stays 100% the whole time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th March 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah the standard 12v jack is a 2.1amp or a 1amp. That say the iPhone needs 1amp and the iPod needs 2.1amp. If you charge an iPhone on a 2.1amp charger it's like a fast charger. The iPad will maintain charge on the 2.1amp port if it is in use.

I ran hema maps on my iPad for the Simpson trip. It maintained charge and recharged on the 2.1 but took most of the day to climb back up when I drained it.

Each door got a 2.1 amp and1amp port so should handle the job. I was a little concerned with the load but Rodney was confident it would be fine. Happy days.
    I have Samsung gear and they all like 3amp chargers. Which makes it hard to find these things.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th March 2016), MudRunnerTD (7th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I have Samsung gear and they all like 3amp chargers. Which makes it hard to find these things.

I've never seen a bigger output one!! If you find one post a link I'd be keen as mate!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th March 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th March 2016), Rirz (2nd April 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my third 256 View Post
    They are sneaky the way they advertise the current output.
    That is identical to what Darren has, 2.1A for one slot and 1.0A for the second slot.
    Combined you have 3.1A

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    That is identical to what Darren has, 2.1A for one slot and 1.0A for the second slot.
    Combined you have 3.1A

Yes & there are plenty out there which claim to ouput 2.1A which don't! The one I fitted into my second glovebox for charging my Ipad3 doesn't even provide sufficient power to maintain it's charge status when being used, it only slows down the discharge rate. It will recharge if the ipad is not being used. And it wasn't a cheapie either.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

My Samsung phone charges ok through one of the double Baintech type USB outlets
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my third 256 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Combined you have 3.1A
    and the problem with that one is you don't know which one is assigned with 2.1amp and which is 1amp. and it will be assigned! Tricky bastards. Id love to find a double 2.1amp output each side. something with more would be great too.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of the better mods I've seen lately what made you think of that position ??
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-1A-High...3D291541586443

How do they work out 5 amps is it all three combined??
    Last edited by threedogs; 8th March 2016 at 09:17 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Yes & there are plenty out there which claim to ouput 2.1A which don't! The one I fitted into my second glovebox for charging my Ipad3 doesn't even provide sufficient power to maintain it's charge status when being used, it only slows down the discharge rate. It will recharge if the ipad is not being used. And it wasn't a cheapie either.
    Thats what my Baintech socket does. Quite disappointed. I now use a Genuine Samsung 3amp fast charge ciggie socket outlet one and is works really well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast