OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Now The Drivers Door Wont Open!!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this might be a bit late, however I had the same problem with the door shut and locked and unable to open with any handles or keys. Also had the warning sign of the door not latching shut before it failed completely but chose to ignore it and spray WD40 into it. Wrong move. Should have pulled it out then.
    I managed to unlock the door by remove the driver seat, removing the rubber surround at the lock end and partially removing the internal door panel so I could just see the U-bolt and latch between the door pillar and the door. I was able to remove some of the screws holding the fibro panel to the plastic moulding to get access to the door internals. Some damage to the fibro panel but repairable. I modified a small flat blade screwdriver by bending approx 25mm from the end to around 90 degrees in line with the flat blade.
    20190716_085554 (2).jpg
    I was then able to insert the screwdriver under the U-bolt and managed to depress the locking pawl that latches the lock hook in place. You need to do this twice to get the door fully open. I practiced on the rear passenger door first.
    A little better than hole saws and oxy ?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djhandyguy For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (17th July 2019), mudnut (16th July 2019), mudski (16th July 2019), Touses (16th July 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425