Thread: Hi Lift Jack Rating

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lift Jack Rating

hi guys, on my new 3.0l it came with a hi lift, i went to go test it in the driveway but when i went to lift it from the jack points on the bull bar it lifted both wheels and it is only rated for 1050kg (it also had a "bow" in it), is there a better place to jack up? if it is too hard im just going to buy an exhaust jack.
    Cheers
    Cooper

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also the patrol weighs around 2.6t and has no rocksliders just side steps

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't know about them mate but have been warned about getting one for a GU as there are not many good jacking points. I think you can get a thingie that connects them to the wheel. Not much good if you want to take the wheel off I guess.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (3rd March 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying the Hi Lift had a bow in it? If so don't use it. What make is it? There are plenty of cheap ones being sold out there and you don't know how good they are..

I have not used one but they are potentially very dangerous. If I was to buy one, I would get an original "Hi Lift" or "Farmall" jack made in the US.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it was a no name jack i will probably just buy a exhaust jack

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Walk away they really have no place on the all new plastic fantastic 4x4s.
    They are called widow makers and for good reason they are a dangerous
    bit of kit in the wrong hands, most are rated to about 3000kg. Buy an exhaust jack
    fewer things to go wrong and you get a nice "controlled" lift.
    I have 3 the original Trawella then a Hi-lift[Brand name] the last is an OX.
    Never take them anywhere not even to camp, just wall hangers now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 3rd March 2016 at 04:44 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i will definitely buy an exhaust jack thats scary that mine is only rated for 1 tonne so far it seems like the previous owner put alot of stuff on the car just for looks... no signs of ever going 4wdriving and he said he bought the winch from ALDI haha burnt out first use of course

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cooper_hask For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (3rd March 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_hask View Post
    yeah i will definitely buy an exhaust jack thats scary that mine is only rated for 1 tonne so far it seems like the previous owner put alot of stuff on the car just for looks... no signs of ever going 4wdriving and he said he bought the winch from ALDI haha burnt out first use of course
    In some ways that's a good thing. Truck hasn't been off road. No abuse. Just hope you did not pay for the junk attached. Mind you, Aldi winches have a bit of a cult following so maybe its easy to repair. Was it the control box that burnt out or the winch motor?
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_hask View Post
    Nothing wrong with an ALDI winch rebuild it with up graded bits and pieces, and spool with Plasma
    Hi-lift is rated to 3000kg if you have one of the taller ones maybe thats why the rating is lower
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lift Jack Rating

Yeah I need two more jack stands. I have two but sometimes I want all four corners up.

I'll use a jack by itself but only if I'm not getting under. Doing brakes for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast