User Tag List

Thread: Rolling Coal

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolling Coal

About 2 weeks ago I was being followed by a couple of Toyota drivers (mates) who told me that there was a lot of black smoke coming out the exhaust. Last weekend I cleaned the MAF, reset the ECU and put a new air filter in. The MAF was dirty so I was hoping this would fix the problem. Today after a pub dinner with said Tojo driver I took off while he was watching and he said it was smoking. He then drove it while watched and it smoked all the way through the rev range. Black smoke.

A few months ago while we were at Loveday they followed me all day and no smoke was coming out so something has changed. Boost seems OK and power also seem good. Any ideas?
    I am thinking possible injectors (CR engine). I will need to take it in for someone to check it but just wondering if anyone has had the same thing.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    has it got plenty of power? when AB bought his Nav it was blowing a heap of smoke all of a sudden but it turned our to be a blown Intercooler Hose.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rock Trol (2nd March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    has it got plenty of power? when AB bought his Nav it was blowing a heap of smoke all of a sudden but it turned our to be a blown Intercooler Hose.
    A blown IC hose will blow black smoke ,but you'd notice it as you would have no power

Maybe run some injector cleaner through it and go for a decent drive
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Rock Trol (2nd March 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's got plenty of power. Feels quite strong. The boost gauges all show that boost is normal (15-17 psi) when under load. I checked intercooler hose clamps and they are all tight. Might check for splits but the engine is going like stink which makes me suspect that more fuel than needed is being added. Maybe crank angle sensor? Injectors?

Is there a cam sensor on these things? On another forum someone mentioned similar symptoms that was fixed by changing the cam sensor. Not sure if he meant cam or crank though. Too many bloody sensors on these things.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone wondering what the reference to "rolling coal" is, check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOAnoMRHruQ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

dom14 (6th March 2016)