User Tag List

Thread: Waterscan kit V Diesel Care filter/water trap

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waterscan kit V Diesel Care filter/water trap

Wanting to know which is better and will the 2 micron after filter Diesel care kit restricts the fuel flow for the 2012 ZD30 CR.
    Waterscan adapts befor the factory fuel filter, this unit has no fuel filter and only detects water. They recommend not to use the after filter type as it can mess with the CR setup.
    They say the factory fuel filter is more than enough to protect.
    If water is detected before entering the factory filter, wouldn't this be better.

The diesel car one say it won't restrict the flow, they recommend to use the 2 micron as an after filter.
    If this is the case and water is detected this would mean that the factory and after filter is contaminated.

The first has a built in electric detector and the second has it as an extra kit.
    Approx $100 difference, but looking for responses and what would be best or practical.

If anyone knows of a better system please advise, cheers
    2012 GU8

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Diesel Care kit the Stanadyne filter kit? I had a 5 micron Stanadyne filter as a pre-filter and there was too much restriction in the system. There was a lot of power loss and I could hear the pump trying the suck the diesel through 2 filters. Mine was fitted near the back of the second battery so there was also an extra 2 metres of fuel line in the system which did not help.

I think Diesel care make a bracket that fits just behind and to the side of the OEM filter so there will be a lot less hose to suck the fuel through which might help it. In my car I would need a lift pump at the tank to make it work. I am now just running the OEM filter which already has a water detector/watch system in built.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Diesel Care is Stanadyne stuff.

I've got the 'Flash Lube' pre-filter kit. It's a 30 micron filter (to stop the rocks), but seems to separate out the water pretty well before anything hits the OEM filter, where the alarm lives. Doesn't seem to restrict fuel flow at all.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Rock Trol (25th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother says that the 5 micron stock filter is fine.. the killer is the water..
    So it's best to get an 11 ish micron filter with the water trap..
    The nissan run a water trap but it is poor.. so if most the water is gone before the stock filter then it's going to work better..
    So that's what I'm going for and yea mount it as close to the stock on as possible to keep hose length down..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://youtu.be/8PcETRKB8ys
    Denco do the Waterscan kits
    This is the one that traps water only, no filter.
    $438.00
    2012 GU8

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty00 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    My brother says that the 5 micron stock filter is fine.. the killer is the water..
    So it's best to get an 11 ish micron filter with the water trap..
    The nissan run a water trap but it is poor.. so if most the water is gone before the stock filter then it's going to work better..
    So that's what I'm going for and yea mount it as close to the stock on as possible to keep hose length down..
    I had taken the filter off soon after installation (5000km) and had it in the shed. I decided to try a coarser filter to trap the gavel and maybe drop the water out of the fuel. I swapped the 5 micron filters for 30 micron filters and was going to reinstall but wanted to fit closer to the OEM. I called dieselcare aust and enquired about their bracket but they would not sell one to me. So I sold the filter system to another forum member last year.

Sometimes I think of adding another one so will be interested to see the different options. If a filter it will be coarse (high flow) and mounted close to the OEM filter.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (25th February 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I will go with the Denco kit, no extra filter just water collection and notification.
    Thanks for the responses.
    2012 GU8

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty00 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (27th February 2016), Stropp (27th February 2016)