OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Roofy needs our help ..... Can the forum come to the rescue !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,511 Times in 6,605 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon the raffle should stay open until enough funds are raised. This is where the external opportunity lays. The fund raising is still short of the mark.

It may be reasonable to consider registering the raffle with a permit and going public. Hit Facebook in a bigger way. Share on 4wd Action page and 4WDTV page. Make it about the raffle with proceeds going to Roofy. There is actually real potential to raise quite a bit with the quality of prizes up for offer.

At the moment there is a big gap between $ raised and $ needed to get it done right. We don't really want Roofy to make up the difference if we can help it.

Giving the raffle a big push and some time might take it to a TD conversion space! Well worth waiting for if its viable. Don't cut it off at the knees for the sake of time I reckon.

Everyone has done a great job and the generosity has been fantastic. Patience is our friend.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

katwoman (2nd March 2016), mudski (1st March 2016), PMC (1st March 2016), TPC (1st March 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 6,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good points made their Darren.
    I dont have face book though. So im limited here. If we get it outside the forum, i will throw in a second set of lights to sweaten the deal.
    I really should start a face book account for the business one day....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont want to sound like a downer but I think the conversion idea needs to be let go. Unfortunately to do this properly it will take much more than a weekend swap and To do it well a minimum of 15k should be budgeted for. Buying secondhand td42s even "reconditioned" ones is just as hit and miss as buying a zd30 reco.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Irish (2nd March 2016), MudRunnerTD (1st March 2016), Rossco (1st March 2016), rusty_nail (1st March 2016), threedogs (2nd March 2016), Winnie (1st March 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i sent Clint Read a message the other day and just got off the phone with him now. Here is an option that he has just put on the table.

He is in the Conversion business. He pulls out ZDs all day and fits TDs and LSs.

He has a client recently that had a ZD30 that blew up 40,000kms ago. The client had the motor rebuilt and recently the Fuel pump crapped itself. He drove it in for a TD conversion.

The ZD30 is sitting on the floor of his shop. it has 40,000kms since a rebuild and at a push he could get the receipts from the previous owner. It has a blown fuel pump. He offered it to me for $1500. The warranty is this... If something is wrong with it or parts bolted to it he will send us whatever we need to get it going. Dual Mass conversion, Zircon pump, PS pump, whatever!

At the end of the conversation he offered it to me for $1,000 to help us out. This may even be the offered engine that Mudnut mentioned on the first page of this thread? no idea?

This would be doable with the current funding.

For consideration.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (2nd March 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have already been offered this darren.... craig tang and so did i last week.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats Great, as i said it may well be the motor that MudNut was talking about at the start of the thread. NFI. Here it is again. but cheaper. Bargain. Not my car though but its on the table.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (1st March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clint didn't hesitate when I explained roofy's situation. 60% off a $2500 motor is just fantastic.

We were going to thank him, heaps whichever way we go with this.

As BA wrote, Clint also had another engine that they knew the history of, for a bit more.
    Last edited by mudnut; 1st March 2016 at 11:31 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 3,128 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    i sent Clint Read a message the other day and just got off the phone with him now. Here is an option that he has just put on the table.

He is in the Conversion business. He pulls out ZDs all day and fits TDs and LSs.

He has a client recently that had a ZD30 that blew up 40,000kms ago. The client had the motor rebuilt and recently the Fuel pump crapped itself. He drove it in for a TD conversion.

The ZD30 is sitting on the floor of his shop. it has 40,000kms since a rebuild and at a push he could get the receipts from the previous owner. It has a blown fuel pump. He offered it to me for $1500. The warranty is this... If something is wrong with it or parts bolted to it he will send us whatever we need to get it going. Dual Mass conversion, Zircon pump, PS pump, whatever!

At the end of the conversation he offered it to me for $1,000 to help us out. This may even be the offered engine that Mudnut mentioned on the first page of this thread? no idea?

This would be doable with the current funding.

For consideration.
    Fark. 1000 bucks for a 40 thou old engine..
    Grab 2!!!!!!!!
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I'm away next Friday week for about 10 days too chaps.

If jonathan is too busy to take charge of this can someone please step up and drive this home for our mate?

I'll reply tomorrow with Patrolapart and our options and suggested path to take but really hoping someone can take charge of this guided by everyone in sorting him out.
    Ok guys would love a 4.2 but hey lets get real here its not possible at all
    if Mr Nissan had put quality parts in the 3l we wouldn't maybe here at all
    Jane and I are very humbled and proud to be here NISSANPATROL .com.au
    Id like to see what AB has come up with tomorrow
    ive asked Mark to leave the raffle open till next Monday
    theres some fantastic prizes there and give everyone a chance
    of winning

We would like to thank every one who has got behind us again
    if Readies are true about the warranty and parts it might be them
    but wait and see what develops

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (2nd March 2016), growler2058 (2nd March 2016), Ibbo (2nd March 2016), Irish (2nd March 2016), katwoman (2nd March 2016), MudRunnerTD (2nd March 2016), PMC (2nd March 2016), Rossco (2nd March 2016), rusty_nail (2nd March 2016), threedogs (2nd March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why do you think I was on the phone like an excited puppy when Clint offered it to me for a grand !!!
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (2nd March 2016), MudRunnerTD (2nd March 2016), Sir Roofy (2nd March 2016)

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast