OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any one in SA done a GVM upgrade?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked on the Lovells web site. Nothing for a Y61 wagon.

http://www.lovellsauto.com.au/product12.php
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    Just checked on the Lovells web site. Nothing for a Y61 wagon.

http://www.lovellsauto.com.au/product12.php
    ...............Bummer.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sane for ARB and a couple of others. Its mainly Patrol utes, 70 series and 200 series. I guess I wont be legal some of the time.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about these folks, but they say they do GVM upgrades for y61 coil wagons & in their FAQ refer doing them to pre & post registration.

http://www.statewide4x4.com.au/gvm-p...wagon-lwb.aspx

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (22nd February 2016), Rock Trol (22nd February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my setup is a lovells kit, from the research I've done they have used the extra HD coils but unsure on the shocks as they have no brand on them..

Being a wagon they installed the superior tower brace kit and the rear diff was laminated (braced).

It was done by State Wide engineering in Vic but when I dropped them a line about some info on the install they were as tight as a fishes a**hole and gave nothing except the off of an engineers report for $500..
    They can blow that were the sun don't shine..
    As said before mines good for 3.49T but have no idea if that's max or not..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Rock Trol (22nd February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    I know nothing about these folks, but they say they do GVM upgrades for y61 coil wagons & in their FAQ refer doing them to pre & post registration.

http://www.statewide4x4.com.au/gvm-p...wagon-lwb.aspx
    They are just around the corner from me, next to my laser cutter near enough.
    If you need info I can pop in if you like
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

10. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't go by Lovells website... give them a ring.

We have vehicles with Lovells GVM upgrades that aren't on their website like Rangers and BT50's etc
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (22nd February 2016), Rock Trol (22nd February 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Don't go by Lovells website... give them a ring.

We have vehicles with Lovells GVM upgrades that aren't on their website like Rangers and BT50's etc
    Agreed, a call wouldn’t do any harm & might turn out to be productive. Their web site is dated 2010 & mentions nothing about retrospective upgrades.

Interesting (to me) aside - the front coil springs fitted to mine were, I believe, standard rate, but longer in order to overcome the tendency for the front end to dive under heavy braking (in conjunction with the front/rear brake bias being altered.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I might look into statewide but the problem is that I have already done most of these upgrades last year without getting it certified. I didn't think it could be certified at the time.

I have 120kg constant EFS springs up front, 300kg constants at the rear, castor correction bushes, BOSS coil tower braces and I fitted a brake bias proprtioning valve bracket as well. That took a little bit of adjustment before I got it right. Too much rear brake bias for a while. It was too easy to lock the brakes when going down hill or in the wet.

I suspect statewide will want to replace it all with their own brand of similar spec. It's just too soon after installing to replace that stuff.

The other option which i have been thinking about is giving the patrol a drastic diet and getting rid of some of the gear. That would help fuel economy as well as giving the engine a bit less to move around. Drawers might be the first to go, especially since I know someone in my club that might be interested in them. I also like the idea of getting the rear cargo bay back so its easier to use the car to move stuff. Drawers really get in the way.
    Last edited by Rock Trol; 22nd February 2016 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you're probably right. The Lovells stuff in mine replaced OME stuff , the rear springs (10 leaf) looked virtually identical but I had no choice if I wanted the upgrade. As it turned out the new Lovells shocks made quite a difference to the amount of body sway in corners which I had, until then, thought fairly normal for a large 4wd. The OME ones must've been getting a bit tired.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast